Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redorang120 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Two Variable Linear Programming Equations
    What type of information are you given in a two-variable linear programming problem, and what are you trying to do?
    AND
    In as general terms as possible, what do you do to solve a linear programming problem in two variables?

thanks!
    Fianchetto Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2007, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by redorang120
    What type of information are you given in a two-variable linear programming problem, and what are you trying to do?
    AND
    In as general terms as possible, what do you do to solve a linear programming problem in two variables?

thanks!
    I. Given enough info to derive the equation:

AND

II. "Solutions", in math, are where the function crosses the x-axis, or, in other words, wherever:

or:

In linear equations there will either be one or infinity number of "zeroes" or "solutions". I'll let you chew on the infinity part, but will answer a question if you ask. ;)

Hope this helps!
    Fianchetto Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2007, 07:15 PM
    In linear equations there will either be one or infinity number of "zeroes" or "solutions". I'll let you chew on the infinity part, but will answer a question if you ask.

another case exists - no "solutions" at all

to graph the equation:

1: let x=0. this is the y-intercept. Plot it.

2: let y=0 this is the x-intercept. Plot it.

3: connect the dots.

:)

an alternate method for solving 2- and 3-variable systems of equations is to apply cramer's rule. See http://library.thinkquest.org/10030/10cramer.htm

:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I urgently need help with linear equations? [ 4 Answers ]

3x-y=7 5x+2y=8 x+3y=10 3x+7y=24 3x-7y=-27 6x-5y=0 8x+3y=16

Linear equations [ 2 Answers ]

I need to solve for y. How do I go about finding the answer to this problem. 2y+5x=7

Linear equations? [ 3 Answers ]

state the slopes of the lines paralelle to and perpendicular to the graph of each direction. 1. 6x-5y=11 2.y=2/3x-4/5 3. 3x=10y-3

Linear programming [ 1 Answers ]

A biologist needs at least 40 fish for her experiment. She cannot use more than25 perch or more than 30 bass. Each perch costs $5, and each bass costs $3. HOw many of each fish should she use in order to minimixe the cost? Pleez help I have no idea what to do.

Simultaneous Linear Equations in Two Variables [ 1 Answers ]

Help I don't understand how to do them.

View more questions Search