Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 7, 2011, 03:41 PM
    This may take some down memory lane. Green or orange :)

OLD-COMPUTERS.COM : The Museum
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2011, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    My first computers were Atari's and IBM PC's at work. The first ones I programed were 6502 and 8086. Those were the days. lol

Im not including the "others" I had access to through U.C. Berkeley.
    In college we had Commodore CBM's in the Computer lab. IBM released the First IBM PC after I graduated. These were the "PC'S" many businesses had if they didn't use a mini-computer and terminals back before the IBM PC and its future clones..
    Attached Images

rpray2007 Posts: 319, Reputation: 23

Oct 10, 2011, 01:26 PM
    Thanks for the nostalgia!

I learnt my first language, BASIC on a Commodore VIC20 - it came with all of 4KB which I wrote a program that used up all its memory so I begged my parents to buy me more - they did - and got me a 16KB cartridge. This was a computer that you plugged into a CRT for the monitor and it had a tape-deck that you used to get programs on. I tried playing back the tape on a regular cassette deck and it was just a high frequency tone - oh well. I have to give it to my parents for even getting me this thing for a 10-year old.

Fun times!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2011, 01:31 PM
    Now I know how old you are, Ram. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Were you at Woodstock? Greatest Musicans of that era? Greatest Guitarist of all time? [ 11 Answers ]

Were any of you at Woodstock? I wish I could have gone. I love the bands like The Grateful Dead, Crosby,Stills,Nash,Young,Santana,Canned Heat, Richie Havens. Okay last question, who do you think is the greatest guitarist of all time? You can have a runner up also. I think Stevie Ray Vaughn was the...

Steve Mullens [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of Steve Mullens in Merrillville, IN ?

Steve Bruce [ 1 Answers ]

Was Steve Bruce's testimonial match against Celtic.

View more questions Search