Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2011, 02:25 PM

Headstrong,

Buddy ol pal,

How in the world can a JUST God hold us all responisible! According your theology... Even though I have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my savior by grace through faith I may not be saved. Because according to YOU God has already hand picked the people who will be saved and WE humans have NOTHING in the world to do with it. It's a tad screwy... even for me.
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Feb 25, 2011, 02:48 PM
    classyT said: How in the world can a JUST God hold us all responisible!
    Not a single word of the Bible has changed in my theology. The wages of sin is (still) death. Those who are not saved still die (for ever). The problem is in your understanding of salvation. We are not in charge of selecting ourselves to be saved. No way, no how !!

Feb 25, 2011, 03:07 PM
    classyT: WE humans have NOTHING in the world to do with it.
    I would modify what you've said somewhat. We can put ourselves into an environment where God is saving people. That environment consists of two parts. [A] Hearing (or reading) the gospel. Because "faith cometh by hearing." And [B] humility. Trying to be as obedient as possible to all the commandments of God. Believing and accepting Jesus is a commandment. You've done that. Good for you.

But none of that is a guarantee. Because those things are all our works. And none of our works can save us.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2011, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadStrongBoy View Post
    I would modify what you've said somewhat. We can put ourselves into an environment where God is saving people. That environment consists of two parts. [A] Hearing (or reading) the gospel. Because "faith cometh by hearing." And [B] humility. Trying to be as obedient as possible to all the commandments of God. Believing and accepting Jesus is a commandment. You've done that. Good for you.

But none of that is a guarantee. Because those things are all our works. And none of our works can save us.
    I think it might be helpful if you would just set out, point by point, how salvation comes to a person in your view. Start at the beginning: God chooses, or whatever. What's the process from there, and how do hearing, believing etc. fit into the picture?

Feb 25, 2011, 04:43 PM
    dwashbur: I think it might be helpful if you would just set out, point by point, how salvation comes to a person in your view.
    The following outline is in chronological order. Is that what you mean ?
    [1] God formulated a plan.
    [2] God selected and named all the individuals that He would save throughout all time.
    [3] God laid all the sins of those to be saved on Christ. And Christ died completely (body and soul).
    [4] God raised Christ from death and gave Him a new name. My Only Begotten Son.
    [5] Some time after number [4] Christ created this present universe and Adam and Eve on Earth.
    [6] Sin entered the picture, and the whole human race became infected with "original sin." All became subject to death. Satan became the spiritual ruler of mankind. Except for a chosen few.
    [7] God saved righteous Abel because He had made payment for Abel's sins. The same can be said for all the other saved people of the Old Testament.
    [8] All the Old Testament sacrifices were only a picture of what Christ had already done.
    [9] In 33 AD Christ made a final demonstration of what He had already done before He created the world.
    [10] In our day salvation still works exactly the same way. A chosen individual "hears" the word of God. It doesn't have to be a lot of the Bible. The Ninevites only heard that in 40 days they'd be destroyed. That was God's word to them. They believed, and they repented because God had already named and chosen them before the creation.
    [11] In our day the full gospel is that May 21, 2011 will be the Day of Judgment. We can know because God has unsealed much information from the Bible that has been 'hidden' until now. But we do not have to know all of that detail. Salvation still works exactly the same way. Those whom God has chosen will believe.
    sophiacat1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 11:15 PM
    "In our day the full gospel is that May 21, 2011 will be the Day of Judgment". Not a day too soon, if you ask me.

If everybody is still here on May 22, will your little world of psychosis come tumbling down? Maybe you will tattoo "I AM A GULLIBLE JACKASS" on your forehead, and STFU with all your testifying. Jesus told you to pray in your closet, and not make a spectacle of yourself showing off how religious you are.
    godsword Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2011, 11:21 PM
    Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin willfully after receiving the knowlage of the truth, There remaineth NO MORE Sacrifice for sins.
    This simply means, to know you are sinning, and you keep sinning. You are crucifing Jesus Christ over and over again.
    Hebrews 10:27 goes on to say: But a cirtain Fearful for Judgementand Fiery ingignation , which shall devour the adversaries.
    Its not that had to understand People.
    STOP SINNING, or GO TO HELL.

Galatians 6:7, Do NOT be DECIVED, GOD is NOT MOCKED,For whatsoever a man Soweth, that he shall also Reap.

Do we think we can Sin willfully keep on Sinning, Do we think we can keep nailing Jesus Christ on the cross, Then ask for Forgivness. And keep nailing Him on The Cross, So we can Ask for forgivness AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

Im praying For you all, May GOD open the eyes of all those that SATAN has blinded. AMEN.

Feb 26, 2011, 04:39 AM
    sophiacat1: Jesus told you to pray in your closet, and not make a spectacle of yourself showing off how religious you are.
    I agree. But He also said that a candle must not be hid under a bushel basket.
    saintjoan Posts: 36, Reputation: 6

Feb 26, 2011, 06:49 AM

Hey Headstrongboy. Ezekiel 36:26 is a great promise, but it is a promise given to the Jews. In context it is speaking of the time when God will bring back his chosen people into the promised land.
    Ezekiel 36:26-28 26A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
    sophiacat1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2011, 06:56 AM
    Google "The Great Disappointment of 1844". First it was going to be March 21. 1844. Then, being disappointed, but still thinking such a thing could be foretold, it was to be April 18, 1844. They were quite disappointed again. Then they just had to get on with their lives. Unfortunately, many of them had given away all of their earthly possessions in advance of the Big Day.

Believe whatever you want, it's nothing to me. I'm not an atheist, but for sure some of you have gone around the bend. Use the brain God gave you.

Feb 26, 2011, 06:56 AM

Hi sofiacat. On May 22nd, I will be celebrating my birthday. The day of judgment will not come on May 21st. Before that day comes, there will be a future 7 year tribulation period, then the 1000 year kingdom of Jesus on earth.

I find it interesting that you know a secret that even our Lord does know:
    Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
    Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Feb 26, 2011, 07:04 AM

Hi dwashbir: Paul said the gospel was very simple:
    3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The simple gosple is found in John 3:36
    He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 26, 2011, 08:16 AM

Four year old thread closed. OP has never returned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

National Purpose [ 2 Answers ]

What is the National Purpose of the Republic of Serbia?

National Purpose [ 1 Answers ]

What is the national purpose of the country Paraguay

Being difficult on purpose [ 4 Answers ]

Well, my friend went to mediation on Tuesday and the mediator basically told him that her anger issues aren't important right now, I'm here for the child to get you two to agree on a parenting plan. They have to have separate appts because he has a restraining order on her. She just wants to use...

Accidents in crate on purpose? [ 2 Answers ]

My Basset/terrier WAS crate trained. I am home most of the day but when I leave it is for ver short periods. In the last couple of weeks he has progressivly gotten worse about pooping and peing in the crate. The first time it happened we excused it as an accident, then a few days later we...

View more questions Search