Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 9, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mae
    ... A Christian can burn in hell right next to a non-believer ...
    I have to protest about that! Non-believers prefer their own section... :D

But serious : of course that all is subject to : "if there is a hell".
    And if that hell is like you describe it.
    What brings up the thought that the difference between Heaven and Hell basically is (if they exist) that Heaven is with and Hell is without the presence of God.
    Isn't it time to lose all these 2000+ years old simplistic ideas of actual fire and burning brimstone?
    :rolleyes:
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Apr 10, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    I have to protest about that! Non-believers prefer their own section ... :D

But serious : of course that all is subject to : "if there is a hell".
    And if that hell is like you describe it.
    What brings up the thought that the difference between Heaven and Hell basically is (if they exist) that Heaven is with and Hell is without the presence of God.
    Isn't it time to lose all these 2000+ years old simplistic ideas of actual fire and burning brimstone?
    :rolleyes:
    Unfortunately just because years have advanced on earth does not mean hell has ceased to exist. It is still real and very much there. Yes even the fire and brimstone :)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyT
    Unfortunately just because years have advanced on earth does not mean hell has ceased to exist. It is still real and very much there. Yes even the fire and brimstone :)
    That is what you BELIEVE. But is that factual? Is that the one and only truth?
    ;)
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Apr 11, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    That is what you BELIEVE But is that factual? Is that the one and only truth?
    ;)
    YES, You BELIEVE there is no hell, no God, no Heven etc right? But is that FACTUAL? Or is that just what you have faith in? ;)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2008, 01:44 PM
    He is playing games with God and if he doesn't grow and learn that God is not into games then he very likely was never really saved to begin with.
    Like if he doesn't see a problem with purposely sinning because he knows he can ask God to forgive him then maybe he used the same logic with the 'getting saved' part.
    Many Christians play the game your boyfriend is playing right now but eventually grow up. God looks at the heart and intent. If he does not grow and learn then he was just playing games.
    Nicole82 Posts: 64, Reputation: 3

Apr 15, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely_scared_confused
    Ok...I got saved about 5 or 6 months ago and my boyfriend who used to be a very good christian encouraged me to..well now my boyfriend is slacking off and has been purposely doing sins, and asks God for forgiveness, knowing that he will do it again.. and he thinks that just because he is saved he will still go to heaven and not hell..my question is will you still go to heaven if you are saved and doing sins on purpose and asking God for forgiveness but knowing that you are going to do it again or will you go to Hell? Please help me!!:confused: :(
    Your boyfriend is wrong! GOD will forgive us for our sins if we repent from our heart. If he knows he's going to keep doing wrong Hes playing with God In the bible Jesus said "Go and Sin no more" Your boyfriend is taking GOD's grace and mercy to to play with. People always talk about how much GOD loves us but GOD does get angry. He doesn't want to fall under the wrath of an angry GOD!
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2008, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely_scared_confused
    Ok...I got saved about 5 or 6 months ago and my boyfriend who used to be a very good christian encouraged me to..well now my boyfriend is slacking off and has been purposely doing sins, and asks God for forgiveness, knowing that he will do it again.. and he thinks that just because he is saved he will still go to heaven and not hell..my question is will you still go to heaven if you are saved and doing sins on purpose and asking God for forgiveness but knowing that you are going to do it again or will you go to Hell? Please help me!!:confused: :(
    Hell:

Romans 6
    1 What shall we say, then? shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. For we that are dead to sin, how shall we live any longer therein?

Hebrews 10
    26 For if we sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth, there is now left no sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain dreadful expectation of judgment, and the rage of a fire which shall consume the adversaries. 28 A man making void the law of Moses, dieth without any mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 How much more, do you think he deserveth worse punishments, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath esteemed the blood of the testament unclean, by which he was sanctified, and hath offered an affront to the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said: Vengeance belongeth to me, and I will repay. And again: The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Aug 13, 2008, 11:54 PM
    if this is about sex, it's a hard thing to get purified, even if you try. Seems like the boyfriend may have given up because of the guilt. Like maybe if he can't be good, then he'll stop trying. I completely understand. If he keeps coming to god and confessing his sins, then yes, god will forgive him every time. The holy spirit was sent to help us, and we need that power to stop sinning. Your boyfriend may have the mindset that god's going to punish him anyway, cause that's what sin brings. But he doesn't understand that god's merciful, and jesus died for our sins while we were yet sinners. Your boyfriend needs the love and mercy of god to stop sinning. Tell him instead of giving up, plead for this love and mercy, and for the holy spirit to help him where he's weak. God loves him, and does not wish that he perishes. If he needs help understanding something, please tell him to write me on here.
    midwayballer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 12:01 PM
    hi I play basketball I am saved but I sin every day if I could follow jesus all the time it would be great a lot of people pretend to be saved, they lie ,and steal which is wrong it is not right to do so if you are saved do what is right I am 14 years old I got saved last year at bible school so follow, worship, and live through him and do what's right:o
    midwayballer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2010, 12:03 PM

Please pray for me
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 11:36 PM

lonely_scared_confused.
    De Maria is right.
    Continuing to sin willfully is a big no no.
    Yes God is forgiving but flaunting sin in His face surely will make Him angry.
    What would your own father do if you disobeyed his with doing the same wrong over and over again.
    Would he not punish you is some way and be very sad that you kept on doing the same wrong?
    The same for your boy friend.
    God loves the sinner but hates the sin. That is why He urges us to quit sinning.
    The willful sinner is hell bound and God does not want to have to send you or your boy friend to hell.
    But willful repeated sinning severely stains one's soul.
    So stop doing it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    monkeydamyo Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2010, 09:37 PM

there is a book I just read call "if grace is true"- its about gods love and the very controversial topic of who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. If you don't what to see the foundations of our religion questioned and re-evaluated, Don't READ IT.

it focuses on gods eternal, unconditional, unwavering and ever-patient love. This is the part that gets to people- god will save everyone.

before your call that heresy or condemn me to hell if I don't change, think about it, if u think that death will stop god from loving us, that god will just drop his promise of loving us when we die and go to hell, that he can't reach us in hell or that he doesn't want to save us, please consider that you are diminishing the power of his love, the power of his will to have his children in heaven with him. Consider that you are diminishing his strength to carry out his will, to overcome evil through love and forgiveness, and that you are dimishing his patience with us, we can sin and sin again, it will take longer to save us but in the end we will be saved. Know that I am NOT SAYING that you should just sin because you will go to heaven eventually anyway... but then why do good in the first place you may ask... feel ashamed that you even asked that question, we work for god not for a prize, not just to have a seat with him in heaven, but to please him, to live with him and feel joy when we give him joy.

our faith is not the goal at the end of the road, if u concentrate on that goal, not on the journey you will find your way blocked. Our faith is a journey, with jesus christ sent by god so we are shown the right path, it may be a narrow gate to go through to get to heaven once we find it, we have to shed everything we are to get through them, but in the end, jesus will stay with us, and guide us back to god show us how to get to god. We must follow jesus, he is the only way to god, when I say that I look at jesus and his grace, we have to have faith in jesus and believe in him, believe that following him is the right choice to god. Jesus did not come for the faithful, but for the sin full, he came so that his message might be heard and that he would be believed when he spoke the word of god, and ultimately that we would follow him to the end.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 09:46 PM

monkeydamyo,
    I think that Jesus came for everyone and to help make the sinners faithful and righteous.
    It is those who think that they are great because they obey the law and show off their tithing whose pride will prevent them from their salvation.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Feb 22, 2010, 10:13 PM

If we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. - 2 timothy 2:13 would god truly be satisified at such a failure? His wish is to have all of us with him in heaven, so believing that having less than 1% of all humans through out all of history would be belittling gods power, love and patience, do u think he would stop looking for his lost sheep just because the sheep is knowingly evading him? We are mere sheep, he is the lord, his strides will out step us eventually, and once we see him, we know we are not lost any longer, and we will beg for forgiveness, but he will already be holding in his loving arms. There is just too much comparison of god to human nature and stories about god from human views, he does not get angry like we do, to do so is sinful. Where even the most patient humans will eventually snap and grow wrathful, god will be better and remain loving and patient. Plus its not the finish line of a race we are concentrating on, it's the journey with god where joy is made, the life with god where we help him gather his sheep along the path- and we will go back for any sheep that were not found until we are all in gods embrace.

Using the lost sheep thing again, we will grow tired of running away, god will find us. Or using the parable of the prodigal son, god didn't wait for us to walk through the doors, once we grow weary or hungry, we will find the realization of gods greatness. He will come out to meet us once we are back on the right path to him.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 10:24 PM

monkeydamyo,
    The bible tells us that only the few will go to heaven.
    If all who proclaim to be Christian go that's 2 billion people.
    BUT>>>>
    It's just a few of the almost 7 billion people on this planet today.
    Yes, I do believe that God does eventually give up efforts on some people, particularly those who outwardly, strenuously reject Him.
    I think that strongly committed atheists have little chance to go to heaven.
    That's sad.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Feb 22, 2010, 10:45 PM

I understand your point, and respect your opinion. I also meant since the beginning of human civilization, which is an almost innumerable amount of people. The number of people going to heaven would increase, but the fact that for a time most people went to church without knowing the language in which the religion was taught in, of the ones that did, many were corrupt.

the reason the devil most certainly will not be redeemed is exactly because the increase of his hate and rejection of god after every demonstration of grace god shows. But he is different from humans, he is eternal and will suffer. But humans are not made like that, god made us, and after long we will become empty husks, Satan cares nothing for us so his drive in us will not be replenished, and we will seek god. In my opinion, I believe god will see us at the door step, and the pent up salvation he had saved for us all hasn't gone anywhere, he doesn't have the need to through stuff out. The joy he will take in releasing his love once again will be great, he seeks to give salvation when genuinely asked for, once we get it, no sin short term will make us feel better than his love eternal love.

I just realized I post really long comments...
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2010, 11:54 PM

monkeydamyo,
    I actually hope you are right, but I fear that that will not be.
    Hell is for those whom God judges to be goats.
    The sheep go to heaven.
    The bible is clear about that.
    Jesus tells us all about hell and the lake of fire that those judged not saved will be cast into.
    It is the eternal abode of agony.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Feb 23, 2010, 06:39 PM

I hope I'm right too- but we are only human. Only god is completely sure of the truth, we can only interpret his works and our experience/ relationship with him, in the end, its up to the lord... but I am hoping that he is gracious and I am placing my faith with him because I trust his love.
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 08:29 PM

monkeydamyo,
    Good for you.
    I'm a bit disturbed about someone having been sinful for this short life being sent to any eternity (much longer than several trillion years) as punishment.
    But I an not as wise and just as God is.
    So I must accept what He says and does.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    uncleshal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2010, 10:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely_scared_confused View Post
    I would have to tell you yes if your boyfriend doesn't truly make effort to stop sinning & truly repent of his sin he will end up in HELL. Right now there is women who was just like your boyfriend who continued to do sinful things & say she believed in JESUS & come to him & keep confessing the same sin but go right back out & do that same sin again. Well eventually once she died THE LORD JESUS CHRIST sent her to HELL cause she loved her sin more than JESUS. This testimony came from a women that was showed HELL by JESUS CHRIST called Marry K Baxter. I suggest you show her testimony to you boyfriend & tell him to truly repent of his sin before it's to late & he does end up in HELL & if that doesn't change him & make him turn from his sinful ways then that shows the LORD has just harden his heart & he has chosen to love his sin more than JESUS CHRIST. JESUS said many will come to him saying LORD LORD I worship you in your name & he will say to those people away with you worker of inequity I never knew you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song Heaven o Heaven.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Ive been looking everywhere do find out who sings that slow song that goes "Heaven o Heaven can you help me, Iam down on my knees please heaven, heaven, heaven, I close my eyes and shes all I see heaven o heaven can you help me" The group or singer sort of sound like Boyz II Men Please...

National Purpose [ 2 Answers ]

What is the National Purpose of the Republic of Serbia?

National Purpose [ 1 Answers ]

What is the national purpose of the country Paraguay

Being difficult on purpose [ 4 Answers ]

Well, my friend went to mediation on Tuesday and the mediator basically told him that her anger issues aren't important right now, I'm here for the child to get you two to agree on a parenting plan. They have to have separate appts because he has a restraining order on her. She just wants to use...

Accidents in crate on purpose? [ 2 Answers ]

My Basset/terrier WAS crate trained. I am home most of the day but when I leave it is for ver short periods. In the last couple of weeks he has progressivly gotten worse about pooping and peing in the crate. The first time it happened we excused it as an accident, then a few days later we...

View more questions Search