Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smittyboy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 03:09 PM
    I have a broken tooth
    I have a tooth broken off at gum my dentist says I need oral surgury to take it out, can I avoid this? Won't my gums grow over it an seal it, its almost below the gum . Just a tiny micrometer is left above the gum.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 5, 2011, 03:15 PM
    No they won't. Listen to your dentist.
    Allenda Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2011, 02:28 AM
    If the root is not removed you are only asking for trouble, bacteria has direct access to your nerves and blood vessels, these will quickly become infected and you will end up getting the root removed anyway + having to probably sit through the pain of having an oral infection..

Allenda Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2011, 08:21 AM
    I must ask... this is the third post (that I have seen) asking about somewhat different things, are these questions about completely different teeth?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Options for a Broken Tooth [ 2 Answers ]

Last year, during a dental clean, over half one of my back molars broke off. The dentist rebuilt it, but six months later the reconstructed part broke off. Now he says I should have a root canal and have it crowned to avoid future problems, as the dentin is exposed. However, I'm terrified of...

Front tooth broken in half two days back, broken part is with me [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am six years old , two days back I was riding my cycle . I fell down and my front tooth was broken in half. Half broken part is with me. Today is third day. Is there any glue which help to join the two broken parts of my permanent fractured froont tooth. Thanks.

Broken puppy tooth [ 6 Answers ]

Ugh, where to start... well, I have a 9 week old Staffordshire Terrier. She's kenneled at night, and she's been real good about it. She evens goes in there by herself to nap. Well, the other night I was woken up by screeches, she had tried to stick her nose out of the one of the openings and got...

Broken tooth [ 3 Answers ]

About three weeks ago part of my tooth broke off. I do not have insurance so I could not go to a dentist. It was very painful for two weeks then this past week it did not hurt at all. Then two days ago I woke up and my cheek was swolen(the side the broken tooth is on). Its not painful but I do not...

Tooth broken after the crown [ 7 Answers ]

I put a crown on my upper central incisor but my right tooth got broken and the crown fell down just one week after putting the crown. Whqt shall I do? And how to protect the other one?

View more questions Search