Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Robero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Pour concrete adjacent to house, how high should new concrete be to house foundation
    I will be pouring concrete for a patio, concrete will be next to house foundation, the house has a metal around the outside wall, what measurement should I have new concrete not to obstruct the function of the metal piece in the outside wall?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 6, 2011, 02:16 AM
    Do you mean metal flashing? That keeps water from backing up under the siding. Depending on how protected the patio will be or not, keep it about 3 inches below the bottom of the flashing, and seal down the flashing with something tarlike if you live where snow will accumulate against the house.
    If a door opens onto the patio, often the patio will be one step down, about 7 inches. You don't want water seeping in the bottom of the door either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you reliably pour a new concrete driveway over an old concrete driveway? [ 2 Answers ]

The city came through a neighborhood that I have a rental on and elevated the road about 10 inches and installed new city sidewalks also 10 inches higher and poured a cheap asphalt ramp to the older cracked but functional driveway. In my mind I want to rip out the asphalt ramp, place some forms,...

How to fix a foundation in a house that the concrete floor appears to be sinking [ 2 Answers ]

The house is about ten years old there is visible signs that the concrete floor is sinking as the ceramic tiles are cracking in some areas

Concrete pour in cold weather [ 2 Answers ]

Can concrete, for footings and a slab, be successfully poured, without using additives or other weather control techniques, on any day(s) during this interval? WsId Date TmaxF TminF TmeanF PrcpIn SnowIn CDD HDD GDD 18975 12/1/2009 50 28 39 0.26 N 0 26 0 18975 12/2/2009 52 28 40 0 N ...

Concrete finish after rain, new pour [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks for reading. A few days ago I had a color patio poured where a broom finish was applied. The broom finish was consistent until the next day after we had some rain. There was roughly 15 hours after the pour to the time when it rained. It only rained for about 20 minutes our so, a moderate...

Concrete Pour [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law is building a new house and when they poured the foundation they did not have enough concrete to finish so they are coming back in a few days. My concern is first, is this right or should they have pour all in one day and second what guide lines are there in pouring a slab over...

View more questions Search