Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliceclem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 11:12 AM
    FBI finger print check?
    Can you challenge or add an explanation to an FBI finger print report? I have done some reading about contacting the originating agency, but the actual offence, a misdemeanour, happened over 26 years ago. Which means it is no longer showing in their system. I am having difficulty finding out who to contact. Can anyone help?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 5, 2011, 12:27 PM
    How do you know this old offense is coming up in a background check? The only people who could change this is the FBI.
    aliceclem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2011, 05:08 AM
    It is coming up on a finger print check not he back ground check. Based on my research from the FBI website, the offense can only be removed by the submitting agency. The prints will always be in the FBI database even if expunged.

Thanks for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fbi fingerprint check [ 1 Answers ]

In 1994, I was arrested in NJ and fingerprinted for possession of a controlled substance (cocaine - small vial). It was my first and only arrest - ever! Since it was my first offense, I was given six months probation with reporting and testing every month. Completed the requirement and no other...

Fbi finger print data base [ 1 Answers ]

21 years ago I was convicted of theft by deception. I am applying for a job that requires an fbi fingerprint search. Will my fingerprints be on file with the fbi? I never served any time.. just probation and restitution

Fbi backround check [ 3 Answers ]

I have applied for citizenship in2001 still waiting for fbi name check and every time I call ins the answer is fbi check is pending my question is is there anyway I can expedide this case

FBI Check for GC [ 4 Answers ]

What does the FBI Check include. I need a shopliffting in another country , got arrested and I paid fine for it. Now my Green card is in process and I am worried about the FBI. Do they go beyond US and check. Please help me with appropriate answers. Thanks for your time

Traffic violation lead to arrest and FBI finger printing for canadian Immigration [ 2 Answers ]

My husband was arrested for driving on suspended driver's license (which we were unaware of) which was later converted to a traffic ticket. But in police station, it is in their records, that he was arrested. Now that we have to get FBI check for canadian immigration, would it show up in FBI...

View more questions Search