Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdlmusic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Salaried employee required to work Saturdays for free
    I am a salaried employee who regularly works 9 hours or more daily in a 5 day work week. The boss told me today that I am going to be required to work Saturdays for 4 hours, but I could not claim any time as a day or partial day because I am salaried. My contract calls for me to work 205 days a year, but the boss says Saturdays do not count toward those work days. Legal or not?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 4, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Not legal but I would need to read your entire contract. Where does this company operate?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Are you considered to be management? And my colleague, "Ballenger", asks a good question. Where?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As a salaried employee what is the maximum hours you can work someone before compensa [ 2 Answers ]

As a salaried employee what is the maximum number of hours that an employeer can require you to work, for example 48 hours per week. If they can deduct hours for not being at work must they also compensate you if you work over lets say he 48 hrs. per week?

Can a salaried employee be required to make up time they were docked for? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a salaried employee. Last week I was out for 2 days dealing with kidney stones. I didn't have any accrued time to use because I used it all when I was in the hospitalized in January for the same thing. My check for the week was docked for the 2 days that I missed. Upon my return my boss told...

Salaried employee [ 5 Answers ]

If I am a salaried employee how many hours can I be made to work during a 24 hour period, and how long of a lunch break am I entitled too?

View more questions Search