Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ijwteia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Suicidal thoughts
    I'm 20 years old. I've been living with my mother ever since, and I barely leave my room. I spend most of my day on the internet, crying, and sleeping. I lost my job, I don't have a permit, I honestly don't have a single friend, I suffer from social anxiety disorder, and depression. I've wasted so much time doing nothing, and everyone in my neighborhood thinks I'm crazy. The only thing that's helped me in the past with my depression was marijuana (im not kidding), but my mother freaks out as soon as I mention it... My mother is broke, so she cannot afford a psychiatrist or medication for me. I'm just sick of people telling me how much of a failure I am. I've been trying to look for a job for months now, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to make it past the interview due to my social anxiety. I swear, its like these interviews were designed strictly for extroverts... its ridiculous. I can handle an office job without having the best social skills -.- anyway, I just need some light in my life. I think about killing myself very often, and attempted to do so about 2 weeks ago by overdosing on a bunch of over the counter pills. I just woke up sick, and dizzy... and its impaired my ability to read and write properly. I am not allowed to smoke despite that it's the only thing that has actually worked. I've tried medication, but it just turns me into a zombie. I want to live without having to cry on a daily basis. Could anyone help?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 4, 2011, 03:14 PM
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. You can afford a counselor or some kind of therapist. You can go to an area hospital ER and connect with a social worker who will find help for you and get you signed up for Medicaid. Or you can make some calls to area therapists to find out who works on a sliding scale or will figure out a unique payment system with you.

And that's just the beginning. Are you with me so far?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 4, 2011, 03:24 PM
    John 8:12
    When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

I too have been through that dark you are referring to. Don't let what others define as worth be what you look to. You're not the only one struggling with work right now. Hang it there, things do get better. Life was not meant to feel like this. I don't care who rejects you, Jesus Christ will not.

Proverbs 18:24
    One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

You've turned to smoking pot to help... give Jesus a chance to be that light you need.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    I just woke up sick, and dizzy...and its impaired my ability to read and write properly. I am not allowed to smoke despite that its the only thing that has actually worked. I've tried medication, but it just turns me into a zombie. I want to live without having to cry on a daily basis. Could anyone help?

Certainly understand how some medications would make you feel numb, like a zombie. That is a common complaint with SSRI antidepressants.

In the US marijuana was widely used as an antidepressant prior to 1930 (US Pharmacopeia 1851-1942). Where available it is still used for that purpose. I assume it isn't available medicinally in the area where you live?

It's easy to see how the ineffectiveness of one medication, and the unavailability of another, would leave you feeling that you have no recourse.

As Wondergirl notes, you need to make every effort to find a counselor that you can afford... they are out there.

You also need to make a point of getting out of your room for several hours each day. Walk, sit outside, and preferably associate with others. Depression is a condition that leads to isolation and isolation and solitude deepen depression. You must break that cycle. Get out in the light everyday.

I would like to hear a little more about the impairment that resulted from the overdose also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suicidal thoughts. [ 9 Answers ]

Hello my name is Riley and I have just turned 13 years old. I have no friends, I get bullied at school, I fail miserably in everything that I try and there are allot of other things going on in my life that I could not even begin to describe. Anyway ill get straight to the point, with everything...

What's should I do about my suicidal thoughts? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 14 years old I suffer from deep deep depression I have suicide thoughts every day of my life I need someone to help me with my problems but I don't like talking to people I rather do it online!:(:(:(:(:(:(

Suicidal Thoughts [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am 28 years old, my girlfriend of 10 years broke up with me 6 months ago, I have been doing nc since then,I also lost my job in January and since I am on a work visa in America I have to go back to my country which I have not visited in 8 years,So basically I lost my love, my job and...

Depression and suicidal thoughts [ 5 Answers ]

Hello folks, Im a 20 year old male student. I have had a really low or no self esteem all my life. Im not good with social settings, outings, parties, etc. I donot come from a dysfunctional family. Problem is, Im 20 now and Im failing at everything. I wasted a whole year studying...

Suicidal thoughts [ 13 Answers ]

I have been thinking about suicide, what can do to help myself?

View more questions Search