Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Broadray Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 01:05 PM
    Can compression fittings be use on my copper tubing from my heating oil tank to my fu
    Can compression fittings be use on my copper tubing from my heating oil tank to my furnace?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2011, 02:24 PM
    As a general rule, flammable, combustible liquids and gasses, propane and NG, are put through flare fittings. NHRA, NASCAR, etc only allow flare fittings. Not that hard to do or change.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PEX tubing and Shark Bite fittings. [ 2 Answers ]

Recently discovered that a number of PEX tubing manufacturers do not recommend the use of Shark Bite and other push-on fittings with their tubing. Wirsbo/Uponor, Zurn and Viega in particular, especially on their colored tubing. The color coating is applied after the extrusion process and...

Compression fitting won't fit copper tubing [ 1 Answers ]

Installing new dishwasher and want to use existing copper tubing(10 yrs old), cut off end tried new compression nut and ferrule but it won't fit, I'm sure it's 3/8 but it won't fit, did the tubing expand? What to do to get it to fit? Thanks

Copper plumbing compression fittings [ 5 Answers ]

How do I reconnect 1/2"opper tubing that has been cut?

Copper plumbing compression fittings [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect !/2" copper pipe (straight line) that has been cut? With compresssion fittings?

Mixing pex fittings and tubing [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering about mixing pex tubing and fittings. 1. Is all pex tubing compatible with all crimp rings and clamps. 2. What about the compatibility of pex fittings from different manufactures and are the fittings standard size. 3. Can you crimp Upanor tubing. 4. Standard crimping...

View more questions Search