Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brokenheart1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 12:17 PM
    He cheated on me, should I take him back?
    I was in a loving relationship for 4 yrs, we have grown a lot, in love, in maturity, I can tell he loves me, then one day this girl he claims is his friend told me she loves him and they have been seeing each other for over a year. At first he denied it, then he admitted it. Said he is sorry for hurting me and will take any punishment I decide, even if I decided to end the relationship. He will go to the ends of the earth for me and he has. He hates her for what she has done and wants nothing to do with her. Should I take him back?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 4, 2011, 12:39 PM
    He cheated for a year and the only way you found out was she spilled the beans. Of course he hates her for exposing him, and making you mad.

I think you leave him alone for a while and see what he does next, because if you don't he may think he got away with something.

Take your time and think hard on this one. You may forgive, but I doubt you forget, ever.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2011, 05:00 PM
    You are giving him more credit than he deserves. He can say whatever he wants, probably told her the same stuff he told you.

He carried on with someone else for a year, while you thought differently.

"He will go to the ends of the earth for me"
    Yeah right. He should have thought of that before.

That isn't someone to be with.

Make the decision for him. Split.

Go NC. Never talk to him again.
    Alan_The_Sloth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 04:39 PM
    I think you need to set your boundaries and what you will accept in a relationship.

If you take him back, you are setting the ground rules in the relationship, i.e. accepting his past conduct. It wasn't a drunken escapade, but a course of conduct over a long period that required a lot of deciet. What wasn't he getting from you that he needed elsewhere?

If your partner wants to be polyamorous, you need to decide if this is acceptable to you before you take him back.
    goldagarda Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Oct 5, 2011, 05:58 PM
    If you take him back, you will forever be paranoid about him doing it again. The trust you once had will never be the same. A year is a rather long time to be cheated on, and it will be on your mind forever if you stay with him. The damage has been done, move on to someone who deserves you.

He says he would go to the ends of the earth for you? The last time I checked, the ends of the earth didn't mean another girl's bed...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Cheated and lied, but I want him back. [ 11 Answers ]

So I am really frustrated with myself. So me and my ex(jimmy) were together from December - May. We loved being with each other, spent every moment, we just overall loved having one another around. However, I am close friends with a lot of guys before I started to ever talk to jimmy, and there just...

He cheated and I am begging him back [ 10 Answers ]

Okay so my boyfriend of 9 months cheated on me with his ex wife while I WAS WATCHING Their SON it was his weekend! Said he had to go to work he said he had to run 2 routes I knew something was up so he left at 10:30 that night I had a feeling so I had my mom follow him... he went to days inn in our...

My boyfriend cheated on me with his ex. We both want to get back together,what to do? [ 3 Answers ]

I found out my boyfriend cheated on me with his ex, he says he knows he has mucked up, and he wants me back. I still have feelings for him and miss him, and I also want him back, but can I trust him? Will he do it again? I really want to take him back becauseIi still love him, but I don't want to...

I cheated on my boyfriend and we got back [ 2 Answers ]

I cheated on my boyfriend more than one time. I owned up twice when we wernt serius together and then when we became serious and I did it agan he found out a year later, but took me back. I know its a lot. Bt evrytime I cheated on him we wernt together. Now that he;s taken me back he treats me so...

He cheated but I want him back [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys. I'm 21 years old and Ive been in love with this guy since I was 10. Then 5 years ago we got together and we had really great relationship. But 1 year ago he cheated on me and when I found out he broke up with me and stayed with the other girl, but he still calls me saying that he doesn't...

View more questions Search