Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    baylorbev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 07:46 AM
    Wedding etiquette?
    My son is getting married in a month. The question we have is where to sit is biological father and his wife. He terminated his rights when my son was 6 and his brother was 9 because he didn't want to pay child support anymore. He was completely out of their lives until the 6 year old turned 18. He has never taken ownership in what he has done and never apologized to either boy. My oldest son doesn't really have anything to say to him but will be polite if in the same place. Very casual relationship. He is invited to the wedding because my son does see him occasionally -- mainly because of pressure from his grandfather. He is not going to be listed in the program but he still thinks of himself as a major factor. Would it be okay to seat him in the 3rd row with wife and his parents and brother and then put my mother, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew in the 2nd row. We were going to have my mom sit in the first row with my husband and myself but she is 90 and has already starting crying and says she is going to have a very hard time at the wedding since my dad isn't going to be there. (My dad passed away a year and a half ago). My dad and son were very close. Is it okay to have my mom sit with my brother since she is going to be so emotional?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2011, 07:51 AM
    I would say to heck with Emily Post - do whatever is most comfortable for your family and the couple getting married.

I don't understand how the father terminated his rights - did he agree to have the children adopted by someone else?
    baylorbev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 11:10 AM
    The boy's stepdad adopted them but believe it or not -- he could terminate without an adoption but I said no way. My eyes were opened to many things in the process. Thanks for your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wedding Etiquette [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I had two questions: What is a male maid of honor called? Any ideas on how to have my wedding party walk down the isle? I have 3 males and one female. I have two best men and two maid of honors (but one is male). Thanks.

Wedding etiquette [ 12 Answers ]

Our wedding reception is now going to be held outdoors. Wedding dinner and a reception. Prior to this is was going to be held indoors and it was cheaper. We had prepared the seating plan and who sits and near who. When we planned this we chose that our parents won't sit on our table as his...

Wedding Etiquette [ 7 Answers ]

My Best friend of 22 years got married this past July. Her mother and my mother are also best friends. So this was an occasion that was truly going to be special. I personally spent well over $4000.00, from the bridal shower to the bridesmaid dress. Which seems to me to be a fair bit of money?...

Wedding etiquette [ 10 Answers ]

Is it okay to wear a black dress/like a cocktail dress to an evening wedding?

Wedding Etiquette [ 6 Answers ]

My sister's daughter is getting married soon. Sister is widowed and dating a guy (for several months). Sister wants Date to sit with her in the first pew (Sister will be walked down the aisle to sit in first pew). Daughter says it is her wedding and she does not want date to sit in the first pew...

View more questions Search