Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendybubs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2011, 05:42 AM
    1960's children's book - children in park, invented names
    I'm looking for a book which I loved as a child in the late 1960's, would have been published maybe as early as fifties. It was about 6 children who lived opposite a London Park, and they made it their own after the gates were closed by squeezing through a loose railing. They invented names for various landmarks in the park, the main pathway was called 'Hammersmith Broadway'. They also made 'dens' and gave them names, one of these was called 'Queen Mab's bower'. One of the girls was called Amelia. The arch-enemy of the children was the park keeper, I believe they called his house 'the lion's den'! I think the book ended with a drama concerning thick fog. I think, but I'm not sure, that the author's surname would have begun with K,L,M or N this is solely because of the place on the shelves in the library where I used to find it! I want this book so much, if anybody can identify it I would be forever grateful. Thank you. I've already tried Abebook search but no luck.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a children's book in the 1960's or 70's? Counting book [ 0 Answers ]

In the 1970's I read a book to my children about 10 hedgehogs and their mother it was a counting book.

Children's book, children fishing for stars [ 0 Answers ]

I'm making a list of books I want to get for my new baby cousin, but I simply can't remember the name of this one book. I remember that ir revolved around three young children (brothers) who were dreaming. The bed may or may not have turned into a boat (or a shoe? It's vague), and there was...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.