Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kkraus2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 02:48 PM
    Can I sue walmart?
    We took our car to walmart to get 2 new tires, one had a screw in it... 2 weeks later another flat tire on the same back passenger tire, same weird screw and in the same spot on tire. We feel as though it is in fact the same tire. When we reached out the lady said that she was watching the video and saw that it was not the tire with the screw in it... We wanted to see the video and they said that we can't! Now we are questioning whether they even did the oil change we had asked for. Help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Concerning the oil change - take the vehicle to another facility (gas station, oil change station) and ask them to check the oil and give an opinion IN WRITING concerning how many miles are "on" the existing oil.

I'm confused about the time frame here - how long before the tire first went flat, how long before the replacement went flat? Are you saying you think the flat was repaired and put back on the car but you were told it was a new tire? Did your warranty state the tire would be replaced or repaired?

Check your warranty, gather your proof concerning both the tire and the oil change and go to Small Claims Court for your damages. What are your damages? The cost of a new tire?

What video is the store talking about? A video tape of their employees changing the tire? Something else?

Oct 3, 2011, 03:13 PM
    The tire with the screw was a slowly leaking air before we took it in. And the time was 2 weeks before it was flat looking again... I think they may have gotten confused and put the same tire back on. The manager said that they have video going 24/7 in the auto dept, she said she looked at it " u wanted two new tires and u got two new tires". I was like correct, but the back passenger tire was to be removed due to the screw in it. Can I see the video of this being done?" she said no, "I'm watching it right now oh they moved the tires from the front to the back and new on the front. Loss... Spent over $350 and all that we KNOW we got was 2 new tires... Oil change, tire rotation... Not sure! Screw tire... Still there!
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 3, 2011, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkraus2 View Post
    ... I think they may have gotten confused and put the same tire back on. ...

They put a tire from the front onto the back, without fixing it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 3, 2011, 03:33 PM
    Do you have pictures of the old tires before and after?

I think I would risk the Small Claims filing fee on this one. It certainly seems you have a reasonable enough case.

Oct 3, 2011, 03:36 PM
    I think when they were balancing them they for them confused and ended up putting the screw tire back in the same spot... Back passenger... Where it was originally

Oct 3, 2011, 03:41 PM
    And now do not want to take responsibility for it!! And no pics of the tire before we took in originally... Never would have imagined thi happening... I would think the first freaking thing u would do would be to take the bad tire off and get rid of it!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2011, 03:44 PM
    It's been my work experience that Walmart is not particularly customer friendly BUT they also don't like dissatisfied customers. I think I would go back (personally) to the store, speak with the Manager, state your "case" calmly but firmly and see what happens. What you have explained makes total sense - you think there might have been a mistake and you'd like someone to take a second look.

I wouldn't threaten, but I would let the store know you've spent money, you have been inconvenienced and you aren't happy.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2011, 09:33 PM
    This is a prime example of why I literally watch my car being worked on - even new tires being installed. Any kind of work period being done I watch it and get the old parts (even old tires) to look at before paying a dime.

Take your receipt back to the store and speak to the Manager in the Auto Department and have him take a look at your "new" tires and let him see what happened in your case. A friend of mine is the Automotive Manager at a busy Wal Mart and he would happily make the problem right for his customers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I sue walmart for employee stealing my wallet? [ 16 Answers ]

A Walmart employee was caught stealing my wallet after helping me at photo center. Now I fear going to Walmart to shop with my children. What should I do?

Shoplifted at walmart [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I shoplifted at walmart(I know I'm dumb) I took around $4 but it came up to be $50, and I got caught they brought me into a room, and they would ask me questions like my personal information and things, I was only 13 and they did call the police, but did not fine me and they said it was a...

Walmart w2 [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to get my w2 from walmart that is won't cost me anything

Walmart w-2 online [ 3 Answers ]

I know my hire date and I have my last pay stub but I no longer work at walkmart how do I get my w-2?

Walmart w2 [ 2 Answers ]

Where can I get a 2006 copy of a w2

View more questions Search