Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenn1982 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 01:22 AM

K darn it I think I'm wrong... after I read through it... I jumped to conclusions with the pink alien thingy smoking cigars! SORRY~
    irish las Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dias06 View Post
    im 20 and from south africa, and hav been asking this same question for the last 10 years, been searching the internet for the name recently. ive asked all my friends, but none of them hav a clue about what im talking about! i dnt knw if it's the same movie (it was a realy ancient copy from our video rental, we probably the only 1s that took it out), but all my sister (24) and i remember about it is, is that there are fairies in a forest and a volkswagen car (beetle - green or yellow) that races through the forest. and that the fairies are also real actors just scaled down.

cnt believe i came across this site, so interesting! :)

I believe your talking about the Gnome Mobile. My mom always sings the theme song(the gnome mobile the gnome mobile were riding along in the gnome mobile what a fabulious way to feel riding along in the gnome mobile :D) It's special affects are pretty bad but I guess were really good during it's prime.
    PurEuphoria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Croatia View Post
    Okay I remember renting a movie when I was little and it was about these different types of fairies or sprites that had to flee the forest. I think there were Earth Fairies & some kind of Fire Fairies... Does anybody know what I'm talking about? It all took place in a forest, and its not FernGully that was 90's, kindof like that, maybe thats where they got the idea of FernGully for? Fairies, Forests.... anybody? Thanks! :)
    I believe you're talking about the "Dark Crystal" It's a Jim Henson movie. There's a boy a girl species that no longer exists. And the girl has wings and flies. Hope this is what you're talking about. Because I was just trying to ask myself the same question when I stumbled on yours. My boyfriend hit it on the nose. Check it out "Dark Crystal"
    sugarball87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 12:04 PM
    There is a movie that was made in 1997 called Fairy Tale: A True Story. It's about 2 girls- I was searching for it and finally found it. Not sure if this is the movie you were looking for... but I would search online for "Fairy movie lists" to help your search!
    itbvictory Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2009, 11:51 AM

It might be faeries is it animated?
    Its abut Two children holidaying on a farm are transported to Fairyland but after one eats a charmed fairy-cake they are given three tasks to complete before they can return to their own world.
    youme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 02:51 PM
    Ohh thank you sooo much I thought I was the only one who remembered this movie whenever I asked people just looked at me like I was nutts. I was beginning to think I dreamed it up!! The Gnome mobile!!
    darkseed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2010, 06:28 PM
    I know I'm super late.. lol... but there's a movie called the sea prince and the fire child. It's a cartoon from 1981... I think you can watch some of it on YouTube...
    becba Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 07:23 PM
    Fern Gully

Nov 1, 2010, 07:39 PM
    To finish what I was trying to type, fern gully reminded me of "The Last Unicorn", I don't know when that was made.

Nov 1, 2010, 07:45 PM
    The Secret of NIMH was a good fairy movie too. It came out in 1982.
    lilyatangcho Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 03:28 AM
    Okay, so I don't know if you have found the movie you have been looking for all this time, but I believe the movie you might be looking for is Fern Gully
    lilyatangcho Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 03:30 AM
    Comment on lilyatangcho's post
    Lol... nevermind my comment
    loading Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2011, 11:02 AM
    I'm almost certain there was a fairy in it called 'MoonBright' or something like that, but if it is the film I'm thinking of, it was all animated - no actors, only voiced characters.
    kmgiraffe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 08:31 PM
    AHH! I, too, have been searching for the movie. It kills me everyday. All I remember is it being computer animated and has fairies in it with a black crow that might have followed them when they're in the forest. I also remember this little part when they're inside this kind of stone looking house and there's a wooden table. PLEASE HELP MEE!!

Thank you all so kindly :)
    kmgiraffe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2011, 09:08 PM
    Comment on kmgiraffe's post
    I also remember that the fairy town is protected by a pinkish translucent cylinder or something like that. PLEASE HELP MEEEE
    Caterwaltz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2011, 06:15 PM
    There was an old movie from the early 1980's called faeries (Spelled faeries not fairies) Starring Hans Conreid and Morgan Brittany it has a blue woman who is a faerie and a young man wearing red, plot goes: A young man, Oisin "(pronounced O-sheen)" is returning home with a group of huntsmen from an unsuccessful hunt when a faerie appears to him and takes him to her father, the Faerie King. The King begs Oisin to travel to Squalor Web Castle and defeat the evil Shadow who threatens Faerie Land. Oisin and his faerie helper Puck travel to the castle, encountering hags and goblins. They also save a Kobald from evil Trows. Eventually the three arrive at the lake, beyond which sits the castle. After meeting an irish faerie who attempts to dissuade them from their mission, they arrive at the castle. Avoiding Red Caps, the Shadow's evil soldiers, Oisin makes his way to the tallest tower, defeats the Shadow, and returns to Faerie Land for a celebration before returning to his companions. Most of it takes place in a forest and the shadow is shapped like a dragon. I can only find it on VHS.

Or it could be faeries: the later version 1999 plot: While waiting for their new home to be renovated, Nellie and her younger brother George are sent to a farm in the countryside, much to George's delight and Nellie's disgust. However, the farmhouse and the surrounding area are teeming with fairy creatures, and the first the two children encounter is a hobgoblin named Broom who is (more or less) secretly looking after the farm.
    While playing outside, George inadvertently stumbles into a fairy ring and ends up in the realm of fairies. Nellie, alerted by Broom, goes after him, but arrives only just in time to find George eating from a fairy cake. The law of the realm states that a mortal who consumes fairy food must remain in the realm forever. Nellie and George strongly - and vociferously - protest, however, and so the Fairy Prince, the ruler of the realm, offers them a chance by setting three tasks for them. However, what they do not know is that the evil brother of the Prince, the Shapeshifter, tries to manipulate the children to usurp the rulership of the fairy realm. In addition, the Prince falls in love with the human farmhand Brigid, which proves pivotal in an old prophecy which foretells the future for the fairy realm.

tixmix Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Sep 12, 2011, 12:04 AM
    Tnx! I `ve been searching it for ageis... :)
    tixmix Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Sep 12, 2011, 12:15 AM
    Tnx Loobie, I`ve been searching The Gnome - Mobile :)
    larexvv Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 09:21 AM
    I know what your talking about its colled fairy fly
    Scott_White. Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 05:06 PM
    It was the gnome mobile :) !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kids movie from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going crazy! There is this movie my sister and I used to watch when we were little, but I can't remember what it's called. I remember it takes place on the ocean during a couple of kid's summer vacation. They are looking for a "treasure" that's really the bell from a sunken ship or...

Kids 80's movie I think [ 1 Answers ]

OK here it goes all I can rememeber is about this movie is there's a dog with a cone collar and kids making faces with their hands and when they get hit on the back their faces stay that way. HELP!!

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

Knowing my luck Im not going to be able to get an answer, but here it is anyways: In the beginning of the movie it was a boy and a girl and they get the larger dolls with short curly hair and then the kids hug them the dolls come to life. Then the dolls and the kids both go into the mirror into...

80's kids movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I remember this movie from when I was younger but can't remember the title. It was about kids that would ice skate and then they talked to a snowman that could talk back to them. The snowmans name was Mr. Kumico or something like that.

View more questions Search