Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemansgt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 01:22 PM
    MTD 8HP snow blower don't move
    I have an MTD 8hp 26" snow blower that was purchased about ten years ago. During the last snow, I lodged a small rock in the blades and of course it sheared the pin, which I replaced but after that, it would not move. I took the plastic cover off on top and seen there was a small belt just hanging there. I took the bottom plate off and a silver pulley fell out. I am assuming the belt attached to this pulley and then there is a friction pulley that goes against that one which turns the wheels. Two questions - How does that big silver pulley attach - I can see there is a bolt hole and the pulley has a bolt sticking out of it but this has to attach in some other manner, I would think? Also, can a person get another one of those friction wheels since the rubber looks pretty shot on this one. I have no idea where my manual went - some where in a box somewhere so any names for the pulleys and what to do with them would be appreciated. Thank you.

Check out some similar questions!

Ariens old snow blower with problems! [ 4 Answers ]

Well my friends gave me an older my guess is 1980s snow blower with and 8 horse power motor, it did not run my guess was the carb,took it apart sprayed the holes and got as much junk out of the tank as I could put it back on and did not fire up it tried but there was not gas coming into the...

Snow Blower [ 2 Answers ]

Show me the snow blowers you sell

Snow blower [ 1 Answers ]

I got a new snow blower last year and used it once, worked great, this year it won't start. Primer is just pushing air, gas line is not bloked. I put I little gas in the spark plug cylinder and it fired up for a second. Gas is not going through the carb, is something stuck, what should I do. I did...

Snow blower shear pin [ 1 Answers ]

I broke a shear pin on my craftsman snow thrower. The head and retainer nut are sheared off properly but I don't know how to get the actual pin out of the shaft. Should I just use a small screwdriver and hammer and just knock it out? I have replacement pins.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.