Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tnhoots Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Other Forces
    Question: Besides its weight, a 2.70 kg object is subjected to one other constant force. The object starts from rest and in 1.20 s experiences a displacement of (4.20 - 3.30) m, where the direction of is the upward vertical direction. Determine the other force.

Where do I begin??
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2007, 01:05 AM
    I'm not clear on the situation, is the object in free fall, or is it on a table?

The question seems a bit odd.
    tnhoots Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 08:59 AM
    It doesn't say. The question is worded exactly the way I tyepd it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Physics (Current and Parallel Forces) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi HelpDesk: Please I need help how to figure out these problems: 1) An auto engine of mass 295Kg is located 1.0 m from one end of a 4.0 M work-bench. If the uniform bench has a mass of 45.0Kg, what weight Must each end of the bench support? 2) There is a graphic like:

Vector nature of forces [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am having some troubles with the following question I am a beginner to physics and have ebeen trying to figure this out. If someone could give me the steps to follow it would be great. The question is as follows: A surfer "hangs ten" and accerlates down the sloping face of a wave if the...

Parallel forces and couple. [ 1 Answers ]

Define parallel forces and what's the difference between parallel forces and couple?

Buoyant forces [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I just want to know when does a submarine experience greater buoyant force? Is it when it is near the surface of the ocean or near the ocean floor, considering gravity is the same for both situations.

Earthquakes and tidal forces [ 2 Answers ]

There have recently been two large earthquakes in California and Iran. They occurred at a time when Earth was close to perihelion. It was also close to a New Moon. Could there be a connection? Is there any correlation between earthquakes and astronomical movements?

View more questions Search