Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sato68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 07:22 AM
    What would a male corpse look like after 3 months in fresh water?
    Theoretical question on a point of murder fiction plot.

Details: In the plot, the man dies through diabetic acidosis and is dumped in a river, in a relatively hot climate (central/south European summer).Interested to know whether the features and ethnicity would still be apparent, whether the cause of death could still be determined through necropsy, degree of bloating, etc. Many thanks.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2011, 12:12 PM
    In warm water it is most likely that the body would be badly decomposed and unidentifiable even as to gender.

It would not be possible to determine cause of death.

Here is a link to University of Dundee, look under "effects of immersion." This was prepared by Derrick Pounder, one of the leading forensic pathologists in the world.

If after reviewing the times for immersion, surfacing and putrefaction you have further questions, just ask.
    Sato68 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 01:55 PM

Much obliged for your answer, Dr Bill. Most helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to preserve fresh vegetables for 5 months [ 0 Answers ]

I want to display raw vegtables in an art display for 5 months

Fresh Water Lakes in US [ 4 Answers ]

What are the only two fresh water lakes completely within the United States that are larger than Lake Okeechobee. And where are they located?

Fresh water Angelfish [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if my 47 gallon tall, 18 inch long fish tank was too small to house 3 pretty large Angelfish, 1 small Ram, and 1 baby shark with Red fins? HELP. If so what should I do? I don't want to go out and buy another fish tank.

2 months old male daschund [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2 months old male daschund.He is not being able to learn toilet training and he ends up messing my home.He is 24*7 hungry. I feed him 5 times a day. 3 times with cerelac(3 spoons) n pedigree(1 spoon)and 2 times with 5 spoons of milk n 3 spoons water.Is iit insufficient? He bites a lot...

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone within or adjacent to the rain forest [ 2 Answers ]

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone in the rain forest

View more questions Search