Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richie49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2011, 12:38 AM
    My Desk Top Has Started refreshing & I haven't Added AnyThing
    The Desktop Refreshes About Every Hour How Do I Stop It?. Is There A Purpose For Refreshing The Desktop?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 3, 2011, 12:52 AM
    Please clarify your question and describe exactly what you are seeing.

Your desktop is constantly being refreshed in the background to keep it current.
    ElysianNight Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Oct 3, 2011, 02:00 PM
    This can be caused by a number of things. Usually it is either out of date graphics drivers or conflicting programs. The first thing I'd suggest is update your graphics drivers. This can be done by going to Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Scroll down until you see "Display Adapters" > Click the plus symbol > Right-click your graphics card and click "Update Driver".

If the above does not work, check that you aren't running two conflicting programs like anti-virus software. Desktop refreshing can happen if you are running programs like AVG and Kaspersky at the same time. If this is the case, shut one of them down until the other one has finished scanning.

Let me know if either of these solutions work. :)

Thanks,
    Alex.
    Charlie0x Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2011, 01:16 PM
    Please detail further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desk top monitor does come up [ 1 Answers ]

Desk top monitor does come up. I can use other functions online, but the desktop icons do not light up.

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection? [ 6 Answers ]

Can a lap top give a desk top a virus through a wireless connection?

I have added 2 extra radiators to system and one is luke warm at top and the other co [ 1 Answers ]

I have added 2 extra radiators to system and one is luke warm at top and the other cold combi 105he now running 5 + 2 double in bungalow. Any suggestions?

How do I unlock a roll top desk - top part? [ 3 Answers ]

Ow do I unlock a roll top desk - top part?

Can I back up my desk top onto my lap top? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a desk top and a lap top which have wireless connection to the internet. My lap top has no ethernet port and my desk top has no infra red. Can you suggest how I can use my lap top to back up my desk top? Would USB to USB work?

View more questions Search