Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdkslk50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 03:22 PM
    Have everything hooked up &have power to the plug in the light kit.
    The reverse switch is engaged. No lights & no fan. It is plugged in female to male color coordiated. I am lost!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2011, 03:26 PM
    Is this a remote control or chain pull fan? If you have power at the ceiling box, you either have a mis or non-connected wire, the fan is turned off or remote is not working. How many wires in the ceiling box and how are they connected?
    rdkslk50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 03:56 PM
    It is a chain pull fan. There is a black wire & a white wire in the ceiling box. Connected the black & blue wires to the black from ceiling, white to white, & bare to green. There is power coming out at the pluthat you plug into int the light kitwhere the pull chains are.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2011, 02:07 PM
    Some fans won't work unless the light assembly fixture is connected since the pull chains are in that part. Some Hunter fans work that way. Look at the alignment arrows, colors and letters. Make sure they are properly aligned or nothing will work. If everything is connected properly, it should work. If not take it back. I probably install 20 fans a year and have never had a bad one from the store.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting two wires from light kit pull chain switch 2 wire to light kit for fan [ 6 Answers ]

I would like advise on how to attach the two black wires on the light kit pull chain switch to the light kit on the ceiling fan. I see there are two unattached wires on the light kit, one is black and the other is white. Are these the correct wires to attach the pull chain to? If so, how do I...

Outdoor wiring of switched plug and constant power to motion light [ 1 Answers ]

I need a wiring diagram to control a switched receptacle and a motion light. The power to the motion light must be constant. The power to the receptacle switched. Any help would be appreciated.

How to wire Dual Blue Cold Cathode Light Kit to a wall plug? [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, here is the picture of the product and spec. Thanks How do I wire a Dual Blue Cold Cathode Light Kit that is made for computers, to just "simply" plug directly to a wall outlet? What materials do I need and how? How to wire from the computer connection to the ac plug? Product...

Low power in plug when light is on [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 recepticals in a bedroom on the same circuit as the light in the bath. When I turn on the light in the bath the power in the receptical seems like its draing down to zero and the ight in the bath dims low. Its like something darins the curren. Any idea?

View more questions Search