Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DWSummers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Carrier furnace with a red flash code of 2 short and 1 long code
    I have a Carrier and the furnace and the heat will not come on. The fan does come on but the burners will not ignite. I get a red flash code of 2 short and one short. I have the same thermostat upstairs and I switched them and the same result. The upstairs works fine with both thermostats. I have a Carrier Bryant model number 310AAVD48070AAJA
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2011, 06:39 PM
    Code:21 GAS HEATING LOCKOUT - Control will NOT auto reset.
    Check for: - Mis-wired gas valve -Defective control (valve relay). You have to kill power going to the furnace to reset the control board.
    JonesHVAC Posts: 173, Reputation: 12

Oct 11, 2011, 06:46 PM
    T-Top is correct with the lockout code. I suggest you call a certified technician as you can cause serious injury to yourself or others trying to deal with this on your own. It sounds like the gas valve or control board may need replaced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Furnace with Error Flash Code 4 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Trane Furnace. 2 years old. The Error Flash Code blinks 4 times-Open Temp Limit Switch. How do I fix this?

I have a york furnace, flash code is 12 flashes [ 0 Answers ]

I have a york furnace model gy9s060b12up11k. Flash code is 12 flashes. The burner fan comes on then clicks off. Igniter does not come on but blower fan stays on. No heat. Any ideas?

My carrier furnace LED light is flashing a code. How do I tell what code it is? [ 1 Answers ]

The error code is flashing and I know certain lengths, long and short indicate a code but how do I tell which one it is?

York Furnace not working, 6 flash error code - HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 6 year old york furnace that doesn't seem to be working anymore. The burner turns on for 20 sec each time up to 3 times then goes out. I took out the ignition sensor and cleaned but doesn't seem to work. When I look at the error code, it gives me 6 flash lights. Any Help would be...

View more questions Search