Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanchezk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 09:36 PM
    Giving the person I am dating space...
    Hey. Well I just got into a relationship about 3 months and a week ago. We hit it off quite well. We met and got to know one another and did not have sexual encounters with one another until about a month in. We talked to and texted each other every day. It was great. I had moved back to KY to try and get away from home, but I was leaving him behind. He was sad that I was leaving but kept pushing me to go because he said I was happier there. Once I was there, I realized I was not happy. I wanted to come back for him. Well one night, I accidentally told a fib when I was drinking to him that I was NOT drinking. And we tell each other EVERYTHING. I do not know why I did not tell him up front. I believe because I had not planned on it initially, that once I gave into peer pressure, I did not tell him I was, and then I was afraid he would be upset with me. (I know it's dumb). Well he took that to heart and said I lied to him, and that if I lied about something this small, what would stop me about lying about something major. I then INSTANTLY moved back here to NC to be around him. He was so upset that he went to TN for about a week (still there- he leaves tomorrow) to clear his head. He wanted space. We have talked on the phone after 2 days of not talking, and then he text me and what not. He wants to see me once he gets back, to go to dinner, a movie and then talk. But he said that yes, he has forgave me and that we need to move past it, but he does not let me call him "babe", "boo" or anything sweet of the sort right now. He said that he wants to take it slow and see where it goes. Like I am just so worried because I do not know if he wants to just be friends, or what. I am freaking out because I actually love this guy, and I have not told him yet. I was going to wait and tell him once he and I go out within the next day or so, but I do not want to seem like I am trying too hard. You know? What should I do guys? :-/
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Oct 2, 2011, 03:19 AM
    Three months, part of which you have been apart, is really not very long. I think it is a good idea for both of you to slow down a bit and get to know each other properly.

Remember to take some time away from him to do other things that you enjoy - don't spend all your time wondering when he will call and how he feels.
    sanchezk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2011, 07:40 AM
    Thank you. Yeah, the three months and a week is what we have dated. This last week is where we got into the argument. The argument is very recent.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 10:36 AM
    You do nothing. You let him cool off, and get his head, and emotions together and you relax and make a promise to yourself to be honest in the future.

Pay attention, while you made a mistake with your fib, don't let him use this as control and leverage in disputes in the future. The thing is that you are still strangers learning each other, and you should not get carried away with pleasing him, or gaining his trust.

Don't panic, he needs to forgive, and move on, and you have to stay cool, calm, and collected, and alert.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving space when someone else is in the picture. [ 45 Answers ]

I have been seeing the same woman for 5+ years. I have been suspicious of a friend of hers who I never met. She started spending allot of time with him last summer. I found out that she lied to me about going places and would see him. She said nothing went on even though I found messages from him...

I think I really messed up! Not giving space. [ 117 Answers ]

So I have been with my girlfriend for about 6 years. But in the last year I lost my job and went back to school. Im 27 and my ex-gf is 24. She has always expected to be married by 24 but I still don't have my career and she already has hers. At the end of last year she started to get pressure from...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Giving my ex-gf some space. [ 25 Answers ]

I was in a relationship with a girl that I thought the world of for around 6 years and we lived together for 3. Recently I went on a trip and while I was gone she took all of our stuff and moved out, leaving me with nothing but my clothes. She had been contemplating breaking up in order to deal...

Giving her space.and hopefully getting her back [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my girlfriend for 2 ½ years, I am 26 and have been in two serious relationships before her. She is 21 and has been in one serious relationship before me. Last month I came home from a business trip and she tells me that she wants to break up. She says that the last six months have...

View more questions Search