Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brokeburns1 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 04:17 PM
    My dog and Milk thistle
    We give her 10 drops 3 time a day as vet recommended .How long will it take for milk thistle to help my 11 year old yorkie? With liver disease
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 2, 2011, 09:36 AM
    Your vet can better answer this question. However, milk thistle, also know as St. Mary's thistle, doesn't necessarily cure liver disease. It helps the liver to fight toxins and other issues but the key word is helps. At 11 years of age your Yorkie is a senior and may awys have an issue.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2011, 12:21 PM
    I would think the doc prescribing you the medication would have told you the time limit of seeing results. Results for any medicTion is about 14-30 dAys, maybe even 60 days for the body to react to the meds.

If you want to know, contact the vet who prescribed the medicine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When you have a inverted thistle funnel with a semi-permeable membrane around it [ 10 Answers ]

When you have a inverted thistle funnel with a semi-permeable membrane around it and you place a 2M solution in it and you place the thistle funnel with solution in a container of pure solvent, why does water stop moving upwards rather than continue moving upwards? I know it has to do with osmotic...

How long will it take for my pregnant dog to produce milk? [ 1 Answers ]

My blue apbt is about 40 days into her pregnancy how long till she produces milk?

Dog Milk production [ 4 Answers ]

What to do for a female dog having problems with caking breast.

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search