Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topjimmy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Honeywell humidifier
    I have a Honeywell HE220A flow through humidifier on my forced air furnace. It is not near a drain so the drain water is collected in a large pail then emptied periodically. Is it normal to have 5gal+ in a days operation? That seems excessive but I don't have much experience with these units (I just moved into this home). Is this normal operation or is there something I should be doing to lessen the excess water?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Yes they produce allot of excess water.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Feb 4, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Best to install a pump and pump it to a drain... Do you have A/C?

Like this:

Little Giant VCMA-20ULS, 1/30 HP, 80 GPH - Automatic Condensate Removal Pump w/ safety switch, 6' power cord (554425) - PlumberSurplus.com
    topjimmy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdb1
    Best to install a pump and pump it to a drain...Do you have A/C?
    The A/C I have is just a window unit. Looks like a pump like you've mentioned is the way to go for me. Thanks to both of you for the quick advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Chronotherm IV Plus Honeywell Thermostat, T8624D [ 1 Answers ]

Honeywell Deluxe Programmable Multistage Thermostat, #T8624D Chronotherm IV Plus I have 2 of above thermostats and have had for about 5 years. It takes no batteries and is directly connected to a 24 volt source. Have one upstairs and one downstairs. Have noticed at times that the LCD on...

Furnace 3 amp fuse blows after install of honeywell HE360 humidifier [ 4 Answers ]

My wife's uncle installed a new honeywell HE360 humidifier and now the 3 amp fuse keeps blowing? I had a humidifier before and just installed a new onewhat could be the problem? Please help Thank you Larry

Humidifier w/ 2 furnaces [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house that is appx 3000 sq ft. The bubilder put in 2 furnaces 1 for the upper level and one for the lower. I would like to get a humidifer but don't know if I need 2 (1 for ea furnace ) or if I just put one on one of the furnaces Thanks

Humidifier Power [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently installed a whole home humidifier that runs on 24 VAC. I currently am running it off a power brick plugged into a standard 120VAC outlet. I would like to set up the humidifier such that it only runs when the blower is running. I have put a meter across the C and G terminals where...

Wire Honeywell Humidifier [ 2 Answers ]

I have an HE360A humidifier, an h8908b manual humidistat and a two stage Trane Furnace. The Furnace already has a 120 to 24v transformer wired to the furmace, which is how the old April air humidifier was wired. There are two yellow wires coming out of the water inlet solenoid on the...

View more questions Search