Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 10:00 AM
    How can I wire a light switch with 3 switches on into 1 push button switch?
    I am looking to changing some of the light switches at my church to push button timer switches to prevent the lights being left on.
    Some of the rooms have 3 switches for 3 lights but I only want 1 button?
    Any idea?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 1, 2011, 02:38 PM
    If you have 3 switches and they each operate just one light your will not get one button to operate them all, not without pulling an additional wire to each switch box back to your new main switch. Why not consider a motion sensor switch for each light. They turn ON when there is movement in the room and OFF when no motion is sensed after a certain time. http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CHcQ8gIwAQ#

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to buy replacement push button light switch for Fluorescent light? [ 4 Answers ]

We have at church an organ light with single tube... when you push button in and hold, it starts the light... releasing it, it lights... push again and its off. It's 3 wires... I cannot find this switch at Lowe's or home depot... or even electric shops... anyone have an idea where I can buy one...

Need help changing a two wire light switch to a fan and light switch. [ 3 Answers ]

Wall switch box has two black wires and two white wires(spliced. New switch has black wire, red wire(light),yellow wire(fan), and green wire(ground). I think I need an independent wire for the fan and light. How?

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

Light on 3-Way Switch Won't Turn Off (Change Switches Already) [ 4 Answers ]

To summarize, I have a light on a 3 way switch that will not go off via the switches. I replaced both switches with new 3 way switches and the light still won't go off. We have a hall light that has one switch upstairs and one switch downstairs. The light won't go off so I changed the switches...

View more questions Search