Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dardy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 08:58 AM
    SSI benefits for a child
    My daughters mother receives SSI benefits for her and then a separate amount each month for our daughter.
    Our daughter has lived with me for the past 6 years and I recently found all this out.
    She does not send any of that money for our daughter.

Can I report her? Our daughter receives her own check, but has lived with me.
    Her mother does nothing in the way of support?

Thank you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2011, 09:17 AM
    Who's SS account does your daughter receive this money from? Are you receiving SSD? Is the mother receiving SSD? Is the child disabled?
    Dardy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 11:14 AM
    Her mother receives it due to mental illness, she can never work.
    Our daughter is not disabled.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSI benefits for child of someone on disability [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if my child is able to collect social security benefits if her dad is now getting Disability benefits? What type of benefits would she get and how does it affect child support? Thank you

SSI benefits and Child Support for Adult Child. [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if a parent can still be obligated to pay child support to a severely disabled adult child for the life of the child? (even if the child is receiving state benefits) we are in Cali...

Child on ssi dies, does his child receive benefits when born [ 1 Answers ]

My son was 16 and on ssi for a brain injury. He was killed in an accident and has a child on the way. Will his child receive any ssi benefits?

Child Support and SSI benefits [ 2 Answers ]

I have physical custody of my son. My ex wife receives SSI payments, and my son receives payments from her SSI claim. Is she still legally obligated to pay child support?

SSI Benefits and Child Support for Disabled Adult Child [ 3 Answers ]

I am the father of a 19 year old disabled daughter (learning disabilities). Her mother has been collecting child support for the past 14 years, but our CA Court Order ends child supoort at age 19. Her mother is now in the porcess of taking me back to court to continue the Adult with Disabilities...

View more questions Search