Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    browneyes1993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2011, 08:07 AM
    How is inheritance taxed
    Would there be inheritance tax on the house my grandmother is leaving me, if so how much would it be? The house is valued at $59,000 Thank You!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 3, 2011, 08:05 AM
    Most likely not - there is no federal inheritance tax and most states don't have an inheritance tax either. But a few states do - so you need to tell us what state the house is in and also what state you live in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you taxed on inheritance of IRA's and CD's if you cash them out [ 1 Answers ]

Are you taxed on inheritance of IRA's and CD's in Ca or buy the feds if you cash them out

How do I file my taxes with part non taxed and part taxed per diem [ 1 Answers ]

My job extended past the 12 month period. My per diem was non taxable for 4 months of 2008 and taxable for the remaining 8 months. I am still on this project with perdiem being taxed and should complete assignment end of April 2009. How do I file my taxes. I usually use the government allowed rate...

Inheritance money will I be taxed for living in another state [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I recently inherited some money from a home which my mother sold as part of our inheritance (4) children. The problem is that the property is located in Puerto rico and my mother has just informed me that her lawyer said we will not be able to claim the money until this coming year tax return ...

Inheritance taxed offshore? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Calif. US resident with UK citizenship. I'm inheriting $20k in the UK. Will it be taxed if I deposit it here in CA? If so, will it be taxed if I keep it in the UK or elsewhere offshore? Looking for best way to manage funds.

View more questions Search