Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JackReed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 09:15 PM
    Under sink kitchen cabinet floor
    What is a good way to refurbish the cabinet floor under the kitchen sink?
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2011, 04:30 AM
    Is the existing cab floor water stained,rotten or warped?

If water stained and made of wood; sand, stain color of cabinet and seal with clear poly.

If rotten or warped, replace with 1/4'' plywood and finish as stated above. U may have to put plywood in 2 pcs. Be sure to support seam.

Good luck

Chuck
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 1, 2011, 05:45 AM
    For these type repairs I usually use 1/4" Luan. It is cheap and really only 3/16 thick. A couple coats of polyurethane seals and makes a nice finish. As Chuck said if you have two doors and a center style, you will probably have to make it in two pieces. Check the back side of the center style. If it has two screws in pocket holes holding it in place, it can probably be remove and reinstalled.
    Cut and fit material, apply a couple coats of finish and install. I usually just glue it in place on top of the old cabinet bottom with construction adhesive around the perimeter and a bead down the center..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2011, 09:25 AM
    If the floor is still good but looks bad, I usually get a small piece of scrap vinyl flooring and dry lay or edge glue it over the old floor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen sink leaks,moldy cabinet [ 1 Answers ]

:)Hi my name is irene57. I am new to this forum, site. I have been reading many questions and answers concerning the same problems. But I feel my situation is a bit different. In my case The kitchen sink was never sealed and the seal around the faucet has been compromised.This has been going on...

Kitchen sink odor from cabinet [ 1 Answers ]

Intermittent odor coming from cabinet under kitchen sink, smells like the black rubber hoses that are under there. How can we get rid of it?

Is it possible to replace the front part of a kitchen cabinet under the sink [ 1 Answers ]

The particle board in back of the bottom edge of the kitchen sink cabinet where the doors touch when closed is rotted and has swollen so that I can't fully close one door. Can this section be cut out and replaced? I have already figured out how to replace the Cabinet floor, but don't know what to...

Air admittance valve to be installed under floor of kitchen cabinet? [ 4 Answers ]

There is no way to get the AAV in kitchen cabinet of old old home? What will happen if it is installed into KS drain line in the basement? Manufactuer says it needs to be 4 in. above trap. What if it is not? Is this to to prevent leaks if line gets plugged or does it have to do with siphoning...

Kitchen sink cabinet [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my kitchen cabinets. I am cutting out the sink cabinet to allow the plumbing for the dish washer and inlet/ outlet of the drain. As I know that the cabinet is a standard 24" depth. Now does the cabinet bolt flush against the wall or do I allow a gap. I do not remember how the...

View more questions Search