Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2011, 10:04 AM
    Dave,

It isn't about worse teachings. It is about wrong teachings..

Triunds concern is that Christianty is being watered down and mixed with false teachings. It is subtle... but then so is Satan. The teaching is false! Who cares if it is a hindu term or a indian term, if it is being taught in error? You miss the point I think.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 9, 2011, 10:11 AM
    So then Christians should stop celebrating Christmas, which came from the pagan and lusty Roman holiday Saturnalia. Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Oct 9, 2011, 10:13 AM
    Wondergirl,

It is merely cultural. No doubt about it. Thanks!
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2011, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    So then Christians should stop celebrating Christmas, which came from the pagan and lusty Roman holiday Saturnalia. Jesus wasn't born on December 25th.
    WG,

?? We should stop if it is biblically incorrect and if it changes the truth of the Gospel. Neither is true.

I don't know why this is so hard to understand. How this word was being preached is biblically wrong. Why tolerate it?
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Oct 10, 2011, 05:09 AM
    Tess got me right on this issue. Whether Namaste is a religious or not, the point is are we Christians so dumb that we have to borrow traditions from others to worship and communicate with our Living God who is the one who loves us and cares for us? Has not Jesus told us how to communicate with our neighbour? Should it not be that others should look up to and listen to our God? I know two incidences in Old Testament where people from other followings attested about Living God. One is in the story of Army commander Naaman in 2 Kings 5 and reference for second is eluding me. Anyway, this was OT, and there are millions of cases today who attest the sovereignty of Lord God. Namaste is just a small thing, but if we are not alert and careful, slowly and slowly we will lose our saltiness. And Jesus has already told about worthlessness of salt.
    mrigmaiden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 11:36 AM
    I've never met a Sikh who says Namaste. They denounce all things Hindi, orthodox are not allowed to do yoga or yogic mudras either. The ignorance in this thread was utterly astounding. I love the way some of the posters tried to tell a person BORN and RAISED in INDIA about what namaste meant. You guys are so ignorant. Learn about the diversity and difference in people before you make such blanket statements. Namaste comes out of ancient vedic texts which are the basis for hinduism. A Muslim will not say Namaste nor will a Sikh. Each religious group has different ways to greet one another, ergo the arrogance in saying that everybody indian says Namaste which simply isn't true.

Mode of greeting: the Hindus use "Ram Ram Namaste", the Muslims say "Aslaamlekum" the Sikhs have Waheguruji da Khalsa, Waheguruji Di Fateh."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Namaste, I am looking for the sanskrit writing for [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for "ohm amriteshwaryai namaha" meaning "I salute to the Immortal Goddess" in written sanskrit. Namaste

View more questions Search