Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poprockz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2004, 04:23 PM
    Oh this thing!
    Hey everyone,

I am getting frustrated because I have spybot and it keeps finding something called Statblaster.memorywatcher and I don't know how to get rid of it. I try to get my email on Outlook Express and set a homepage for my IE and every time I put in a new URL under internet options the IE opens and about:blank is in the address field. As far as trying to get my email with Outlook Express I keep getting an error message saying it's the sock or something like that. My ISP doesn't even start the connection to get my email.
    Can someone help?

Thanks Brian
    Whiskey14 Posts: 219, Reputation: 16

Oct 29, 2004, 07:30 PM
    HI Brian,

Check out the following:

http://www3.palsol.com/spyrem_offer/...tml?hop=syabab

Hope this helps!
    Whiskey14
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2004, 04:49 PM
    Try Spysweeper or Giant AntiSpyware. Giant is the best one of the two but either would be better than what you are currently using. You may download a free trial of the software at the link below. Just click on "Products" and then "Free Downloads." This product combined with the Spyware-Adware Removal Kit on the same site will provide a complete solution to your problem.
    luckygreen Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2004, 06:15 AM
    Try to manually delete it . Just right click on the item once spybot has identified it and click more details. It will show you the route which should allow you to delete the thing manually. Just be careful if it is in your registry.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2004, 07:12 AM
    Outlook
    Hi,
    Since you can't connect to the ISP to download your emails, and your homepage has changed, you DEFINITELY have either a trojan or a virus in your computer.
    I suggest the following:
    Be sure you have the latest Antivirus Definitions in your Antivirus Program ( I use Norton Antivirus); then run a Virus Scan.
    Run your SpyBot program, and delete everything it finds.
    Download/install AdAware also, it is at www.lavasoftusa.com. Download the AdAware_SE.; then after installing, let it scan also.
    If you do all this, it will rid you of these issues.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Is This Thing? [ 3 Answers ]

Terresa Marie, my friend, felt something sticking her in the back. When I unsipped the dresss this is what I found. She has been bitten by a Brown Recluse Spider and is deathly afraid of them. I attempted to identify the bug on the internet but no joy. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks, ...

Looking to do the right thing. [ 9 Answers ]

I live with 5 other girls in a house. We all share rent and utilities. Our toilet got plugged and it may have been from a tampax. Two of us admitted we'd flushed tampax down the toilet in the past because we didn't know we weren't supposed to. The plumbing bill came to $120 and the other girls...

Is this the right thing to do? [ 6 Answers ]

OK so I have this ex and he knows I still like him and one week he will say o I love you still to and then the next week he will ignore my calls and text and everything so what I've been trying to do is avoied him and stuff like that like I took him out of my pro and all this and when he ims or...

This odd thing with my ex? [ 9 Answers ]

Hey Thanks for reading this post, but I'm a little stumped on what to do with my ex girlfriend. We had only gone out for a month, which is not long at all, but she wants to keep a line of communication. I agreed, and now we talk on MSN every night. So she contacts me anytime during the night, we...

Am I doing the right thing? [ 9 Answers ]

? I met this 23 year old guy this past May. We started dating and everything was fine. After a whole and huge mess we broke up this past September. I didn't see him for 3 months. Then we saw each other again a week before Christmas and we got back together. Eveything has been really good. A...

View more questions Search