Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitkat3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 08:23 PM
    My 12 year old had pnuemonia 2 months ago
    My 12 year old had pnuemonia 2 months ago went through 2 doses of antibiotics completed both, they say his lungs are clear and I realize there will be some soreness, but he is complaining of sever pain in hi right upper anterior chest upon rest and inhaling, he also moans in pain in sleep...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 30, 2011, 04:12 AM
    It doesn't matter that he has finished the antibiotics after a about of pneumonia, kitkat; if he is complaining of soreness upon inhalation, then you should take him back to the doctor. There is something seriously wrong.

Tick
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2011, 11:28 PM
    Go back to the doctor like tickle said. I had pneumonia as a child at 6, and I had it every year, sometimes SEVERAL times a year. The doctor told me that once a person has pneumonia, the chance of getting it again is far greater than a person who has never had it. So if nothing else, to make sure that he does not have it again.

Also, in my own experience, it is possible (I did) to develop pleurisy due to the pneumonia, or any other infection in the lungs. I don't know a lot about it, but that is my experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an 18 year-old step daughter that moved in with us a few months ago. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 18 year-old step daughter. She moved in with me and my husband in July because she had a disagreement with her mom. My SD told my husband that she didn't want to enroll a regular public school, instead, she enrolled an online school. I told my husband many times that the online school was...

18/m dated for 6 months, broke up 1 year ago, can't move on, help? [ 4 Answers ]

Start with a little history, me and my ex dated for about 6 months in my senior year in high school. We broke up after homecoming and it has been a year or so. We were our first and everything. She broke the relationship up because there were some up and down with our emotions and feelings , both...

3 1/2 year relationship ended 3 1/2 months ago. Is there hope? [ 7 Answers ]

This is a more detailed overview of my situation than I originally intended to post (sorry it's a bit long but would appreciate any thoughts or views anyone has at all) I was in a relationship for 3 1/2 years, We were both 19 when we started to go out and it all seemed so right. Both each others...

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

View more questions Search