Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ckg0806 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2011, 04:30 PM
    Best Printer with cheap ink
    I am looking for a new printer, copier, scanner. I want a good quality photo printer but which ones have the least expensive ink?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2011, 05:27 PM
    I have always had good luck with any HP printer that is in the inkjet series. I have had several of the color inkjet series and the ink is cheap enough to refill the cartriges myself saving a lot of money. My latest is a color HP inket printer that has XL cartrigdes for the ink. The ink is cheap on Ebay for the 4 colors I need and the refill kits come with syringes and needles to ensure ink gets into the cartridge. I even can print good photo quality prints on this machine using photo paper. It's the HP Officejet 6000 model. Comes with lots of neat software to use on your photos.

Actually any inkjet printer is the cheapest way to go on refilling the ink that is. You can use the generic ink cartrigdes in that HP unit as well (which I have in now) and it still performs the same as using OEM.

I had one of those printer, scanner, copier models and they did not perform so great as it was an all in one model. My boss gave me his that was only a year old and I ended up giving it away also. Too expensive to keep buying the different colors needed and no generics available for that model.

Before investing in an all in one printr, scanner, copier fully check out the replaceable components you will need to rebuy every 100 prints or so. I would recommend getting a separate scanner and a separate copier and separate printer to get the best results.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2011, 06:40 PM
    HP has among the lowest cost per page numbers in the industry.

I do NOT recommend using refilled cartridges. From my experience about half of people who use them are satisfied, but the other half have ruined their machines. In my opinion its just not worth the risk.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 29, 2011, 07:51 PM
    I will agree with Scott on the "refills" from personal use, they normally have about 1/2 or so of the ink of the normal ones.
    It is not always, but some have lasted less than 1/3 and about the best is about 3/4 of regular. ** This is my opinion of using HP and Lexmark from a dozen venders.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 30, 2011, 02:10 PM
    I disagree. I have used non OEM cartridges in my HP inkjet printres for over 9 years with superb results. It all depends on the quality of the refill ink. I always buy a high grade refill ink and keep the cartridges filled and never let them run dry. I've bought OEM and nonOEM cartridges with great success. Did not ruin my machine either. Had the same HP machine for 7 years before it finally quit working due to being overworked printing out thousands of pages of ebooks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 30, 2011, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I disagree. I have used non OEM cartridges in my HP inkjet printres for over 9 years with superb results. It all depends on the quality of the refill ink. I always buy a high grade refill ink and keep the cartridges filled and never let them run dry. I've bought OEM and nonOEM cartridges with great success. Did not ruin my machine either. Had the same HP machine for 7 years before it finally quit working due to being overworked printing out thousands of pages of ebooks.
    How many people have you talked to that have used refilled or refillable cartridges? I have spoken to thousands over the years. I've also seen studies done from independent testing labs that show a high rate of failure from non OEM cartridges. Like I said, about half the people are like you and have had no problem. But the other half has had problems. Many ruining their printers and voiding warranties.

Especially with HP cartridges, no matter how much you think you are getting high grade inks, the fact is that they don't come close to HP's formulation of inks.

So, unless you want to claim that my estimates are wrong or the studies are false, then you have nothing to disagree with. I didn't say that you haven't successfully used non OEM cartridges. But I will not recommend them because of my experiences in the industry. I do not believe that the minimal savings is worth the risks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark printer not really out of ink, but says replace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lexmark printer that won't print any documents because it say need new ink cartridge. I haven't printed many documents, so I just took out the cartridge, shook it and replaced it. Why am I able to print test pages but not word documents? Is there a reset button?

Is it okay to just use one color of ink cartridge for a printer? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a lexmark x5470 printer and I want to save with ink.

I put new ink cartriges in my printer with the tape off and it tells me no ink [ 1 Answers ]

I have the HP Deskjet D2660 printer. The new cartrages are the correct ones. I peeled the tape off and inserted them correctly, but the no ink light keeps flashing and it won't print anything. The printer is on line, and when the printer sits idle for ten minutes or so the light goes out, but the...

Printer does not recognized black ink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have printer canon mp 600 Printer can not recognized black ink (small one) after refiling and I can not print It happened about week after refiling Please help me

Printer can't find ink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Canon Pixma MP 500. I inserted a new magenta cartridge and when I try to print it says it does not recognize the cartridge. I thought that the cartridge was bad so I took it back and got another one. When I insert the cartridge it does not light up and I keep getting the message that it...

View more questions Search