Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alib1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 02:50 PM
    Bulging veins in hands going up arms
    2 weeks ago my hands felt like they were scalded. It also went up my right arm. Since then the veins on my hands have been bulging. New ones appear every day and more blue is prominent on the inside of my arms.
    I have issues with my upper spine and think I have a pinched nerve. I have had a wray and it shows not diac left in 4 of my upper vertebrae 3-7C. Am scheduled for a MRI on my spine but am concerned because tyhese veins seem to be travelling. Jave also had tingling where it feels like something is on your body, (head and back) but there is nothing there.
    Please help!
    Ali B
    themisfitkitten Posts: 114, Reputation: 22

Sep 28, 2011, 03:13 PM
    Oh my goodness... how soon is your MRI, and can you get a sooner appointment with a doctor if it will be a while? Do you see a chiropractor? I really recommend you at least call your doctor's office for professional advice or visit a clinic like MedExpress (if you have those where you live), as soon as possible. If it looks like your veins are bulging and new ones are appearing rather quickly... well, this doesn't seem normal, and you definitely need to find out what is happening. I could guess a half dozen things that could cause that besides a pinched nerve, but it's not my place to diagnose--if you aren't able to see a doctor today, please at least check your yellow pages or Google for a local medical advice hotline, if you don't already have a service like this through your insurance.

I hope you get better soon--that sounds annoying at the very least, and definitely a matter for concern.

-tmk
    alib1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 06:05 PM
    Thank you for your response and am now really nervous. Is freaky watching the nerves bulge up and move. Shen I put them above my heart they go normal.
    Have a appointment on ovt 13 for a physical and have x-rays done on my chest full spine hands wrists and feet. The doctor is being thorough but my hands seems to be changing quickly the past few cays. Any doctors out there reading? Please help'

Sep 28, 2011, 06:28 PM
    Aww. Definitely don't work yourself into a panic or anything just thinking about it, because that won't help anything. It's good that the appointment is coming up, and hopefully a doctor will be reading and can offer some good advice. If you don't hear from anyone, I'd still try to just call in to your regular doctor when his/her office is open (try calling now even if you expect they're closed, many have an emergency number on the answering machine, and if you are that concerned, call that, or just get to the ER). I am sure they can recommend whether you need medical attention right away, or if it's something (like you said, maybe a pinched nerve) that can wait till the 13th. Check back in and let us know how you're doing. :)

-tmk

Sep 28, 2011, 06:31 PM
    PS - I just noticed you said how quickly they've changed in just a few days... so I would even more strongly recommend calling one of those emergency numbers, or your local ER to get their thoughts. Better safe than sorry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prevent back hands veins? [ 1 Answers ]

I have noticed that my back hands veins poped out. Kindly note that I used to do weight lifting twice a week and restrict my fat intake to the 'healthy" ones (avocado, olive oil, olives, oily fish,nuts,. ). It has been a week I stopped the work out and am trying to increase my fat intake (peanut...

How can I get rid off from visible veins on my hands, [ 0 Answers ]

I'm only 19 years old, & in winter these not like so much big, but in summer or in hot environment the veins on my hand will appears, is there any cream or any other solution..

If I stop lifting weights, will my bulging back hands veins disappear? YES or NO. [ 0 Answers ]

Kindly let me know if you have an answer to my qyestion. If I stop lifting weights, will my bulging back hands veins disappear? YES or NO. I understand that it is healthy to have veins but I sincerely prefer that the veins disappear even if it would be considered less healthy.

Palm of hand goes numb and has bulging veins and white and red blothches [ 0 Answers ]

I have problems in my shoulder that radiates down my arm, my right hand goes numb, under my little finger in the crease a little blue viens pops out at times and is very painful. The heal of my hand under my finger is white and red blotches now since it has gone to sleep many times. Under my ring...

Veins in Hands [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. Recently I've noticed that the veins in both of my hands are acting up. I can see them much easier than before and they seem to be pushing up on the skin somewhat. Similar to veins on someone who's totally ripped, but trust me I can assure you I'm not ripped. Anyway, I'm 17, and I was just...

View more questions Search