Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lancers Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
    I am a 17yo male virgin with bumps on my penis
    I'm 17 and a virgin and I have these itchy red bumps on the shaft on head of my penis I have not had any type of sexual contact at all
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 01:43 PM
    Have you been shaving or "manscaping"?

Sep 28, 2011, 01:44 PM
    Yes once
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 02:14 PM
    Did you shave on the penis near your affected areas?

Sep 28, 2011, 02:19 PM
    there was nothing wrong with me before I shaved nothing really happen until after and I began to break out with these randoms bumps I did use hair remover...
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 02:30 PM
    It is probably just ingrown hair or clogged hair follicles.

When shaved partially, the "whisker" left now has a sharp edge, (think of how your face feels after a first run of a razor, those sharp whiskers have been cut sharply. The red bumps start happening when the sharp end of the hair grows into another hair follicle. A plug develops full of skin protein and dirt and inflammation and itchiness occurs.

To treat, you need to use something with an effective exfoliant like salicylic acid which will slowly break down the plug and allow the hair to grow correctly. You can try to prevent it from happening in the future by shaving in the direction the hair is growing, applying the exfoliant before and after shaving.

Sep 28, 2011, 03:28 PM
    OK thanks that seemed to work I just got out the shower and the bump shrunk but didn't go away completely obviously. The irritation also stopped for now at least
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 28, 2011, 03:31 PM
    Unless you have hair on the shaft or head of your penis (where this is occurring), I doubt shaving has anything to do with it.

Are you using any new soaps or laundry soaps? Wearing any new clothes?

Sep 28, 2011, 06:58 PM
    Well I don't know if its any soap or not n ihavent had any new clothes
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2011, 07:24 PM
    lancers, you said it was getting better? Inflammation going down?

Sep 29, 2011, 01:18 PM
    Yes it is
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Good. I'm glad you have trusted our site to ask for help. Exfoliate and be careful when shaving!

Sep 29, 2011, 02:58 PM
    OK and thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virgin male [ 9 Answers ]

Yah, so I'm about to be 23. I am also a united states marine. I have never done anything with a girl, period. The biggest thing I've done is getting a girls number, and she kind of broke me down. But that was only once... I am pretty smart and average to look at... Obviously I'm in shape cause...

19 year old male virgin [ 15 Answers ]

OK I am 19 years old and I am still a virgin and I feel like a freak... the only thing is that no one knows I am. Everyone thinks I have had sex multiple times and probably wouldn't believe me if I told them otherwise... this makes it hard for me to actually have sex because I feel that I'm just...

Virgin hard itchy bumps on my penis [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 17 year old virgin with hard red itchy bumps on the shaft of my penis, I have had oral sex before but only with one partner. Also on the tip of my penis I have developed a scab that is also itchy. I also have egsma all over my body and was wondering if it was just hives from egsma or...

I have 2 bumps and I'm a virgin? [ 5 Answers ]

I have 2 bumps below the opening of my vagina... I poped 1 I thought it went away it bleed a little... I've never had sex with a guy at all could it be hpv?? Or could it be from shavein I just want it to go away asap!! what could it be? I haven't went to the dr I don't have insurance ugh =(

View more questions Search