Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbaven Posts: 153, Reputation: -4

Sep 28, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Why is one of my tooth gray?
    When I was in middle school and I was about 12 years old. I was running to my next class because I thought I was running late, but I didn't. My shoe lase was undone and realize it but I didn't think about time because of I thinking I am late to class. I fell hard on the ground in the hallway and I had a lot of pain. So I went to nurse office to get pain medication mostly tynoldes. So the nurse give me tynoldes, it help me and I had chip a piece of my tooth. So a year later when I was 13 years old, I went my dentist and did a root canal try turn my gray tooth turn back it nautral white color but it didn't. I think I remember when I was 8 years old, my older sister friend was shoveling our backyard and I was close to him. I didn't relaizes then and until it happen. When he pull the shovel over his head. The shovel hate my mouth and my tooth.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
    A gray tooth is usually a dead tooth, or the tissue underneath it is dead or rotting.

You need to see your dentist to know for sure.
    Allenda Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Oct 3, 2011, 02:49 AM
    Discoloration of the tooth is usually a sign of internal damage caused by remnants of biologically decomposed pulp tissue, but this is not necessarily irreparable damage. Pulp necrosis is a likely diagnosis if the tooth shows grey/blue or red crown discoloration in combination with an apical radiolucency.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dull tooth pain with biting down or when tap side of tooth with fingernail [ 3 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! I'm trying to get pregnant and want my teeth better soon. Tooth #19 (bottom left molar) had a root canal about 8 months ago. I had a permanent filling in it until recently when my insurance would cover a crown. (tooth had no cracks and had a narrow root canals so OK to wait) I had no...

Where does the two gray wires conect. Inside the housing see one gray have 2 gry wire [ 0 Answers ]

Replacing a fan capacitor in an outdoor harbor breeze 52 in fan w/light kit. Have six wire total all connect but one gray wire. Only see place for one gray wire to be connected; Where does the extra gray wire go?

Pull adult tooth down just lost baby tooth [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 40 and just had one of my last 2 baby teeth fall out. They are both the 2nd from the middle 2 teeth. Six months ago the dentist shared they he would need to pull it out and then pull down the other tooth. He estimated that being about $8k. Is that true? I have another baby tooth on the...

Gray wisdom tooth, or what? [ 3 Answers ]

I just noticed tonight that behind my farest back teeth I see something coming out, scratching it with a toothpick it felt and sounded just like a tooth, I guess its my wisdom tooth... But Its gray! I don't know if it is, I've been using dipping tobacco for a year now ( tobacco you place under your...

View more questions Search