Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    porterrd23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 08:38 AM
    11. A golfer on a level fairway hits a ball at an angle of 21? To the horizontal and
    11. A golfer on a level fairway hits a ball at an angle of 21? To the horizontal and it travels 102 yd before striking the ground. He then hits another ball from the same spot with the same speed but at a different angle. This ball also travels 102 yd. At what angle was the second ball hit?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 28, 2011, 08:59 AM
    Use to find the time of flight in the first case, using the vertical component in terms of v (the velocity with which the golf ball left the tee). Then, use in terms of the horizontal component and use the time you got initially to get an equation in v only.

Once you get v, take and again but with angle theta and a new t. With those two equations and two unknowns (t and theta), find theta, the angle with which the second golf ball was projected.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Golfer at the dentist [ 5 Answers ]

A man and his wife walked into a dentist's office. The man said to the dentist, "Doc, I'm in one heck of a hurry. I have two buddies sitting out in my car waiting for us to go play golf, so forget about the anesthetic, I don't have time for the gums to get numb. I just want you to pull the tooth,...

Horizontal Drain Line Un-Level [ 4 Answers ]

The Problem: I just moved into a new house, and while doing the dishes, noticed that the kitchen sink backs up after running water for about 30 seconds. The sink does drain, but it is painfully slow. I thought it was a clog, so I tried Drain-O, and a pipe snake. Neither of those fixed the...

Golfer and the priest [ 1 Answers ]

A fellow was getting ready to tee off on the first hole when a Second golfer approached and asked if he could join him. The first said that He usually played alone, but agreed to the twosome. They were even after the first few holes. The second guy said, "We're about evenly matched, how...

Max height of ball launched at angle [ 1 Answers ]

A golfer hits a golf ball a horizontal distance of 301.5m. What is the max height the ball will reach if it is launched at an angle 25 degrees above the ground?:)

View more questions Search