smile743 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2011, 04:53 AM
    What happens if you don't eat or sleep?
    Because I don't eat a lot and I don't sleep at all
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 28, 2011, 04:56 AM
    In short you will die.
    Everyone needs sustenance and rest, time to reflect and recuperate.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 28, 2011, 09:07 AM
    Humans don't need much food or much sleep to keep us alive and functional. Of course, you feel much better and can function much better when you are well rested and maintain a balanced diet.

So it would seem you are at least getting enough to keep you going, but long term it’s not a good thing.

If this is just a new or short term problem, I’m not sure I would be too worried about it. Sometimes people get into cycles where they have insomnia or just don’t want to eat very much.

If this has been going on for awhile, you might want to talk to a doctor or other counsellor about what’s going on in your life that is keeping you from regular eating and sleeping.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1 year old won't sleep or eat [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is turning 1 on July 3td and for this past month she is not sleeping through the night at all she wakes up every 2 to 3 hours and wakes up very early only getting around 6 hours of sleep total in a night if we are lucky. She is also not eating well at all for the past month her eating...

How long does this no eat no sleep phase last? [ 4 Answers ]

So I've been broken up for 2 days now. And I can't eat except a few bites a day. This is not healthy for me I am very skinny already (size 0) and I have hypoglocemia (sp?). I used to pass out when I didn't eat. But its like food is disgusting. I also couldn't sleep at all the night we broke up. And...

Puppy who won't sleep at night and won't eat [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just recently purchased a malti poo and he flew in on Friday. Since then he really has not eaten much or drank that much. Also, when we put him in his crate at night he yelps and whimpers the entire night. He stops just to get his voice back and then continues. He has food, water,...

10 Week Lab won't sleep or eat [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my husband just recently got married and bought a yellow lab to keep me company while he is at work. We bought a cedar bed for him at costco to sleep on, however he won't sleep on it. He will only chew on it. The only thing he will fall asleep on is our leather sofa or sometimes our bed. No...

View more questions Search