Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzanmitchell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2011, 07:03 AM
    My adult son steals from me?
    My 27 year old son moved into a home a block away. He has a good job and a good income, but he comes into our home while we are gone and "grocery shops" from our kitchen. He takes jars of salsa, cans of tuna, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, cereal, chicken; whatever he needs. He "sneaks" the stuff out. I want to remain on good terms with him but I have to end this. Any suggestions?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2011, 07:15 AM
    How do you know that your son is doing this?

If it is your son doing this? Why does he have keys to your home for?

If at all desperate to keep him out. You can not get keys back. Change all your locks.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 27, 2011, 10:06 AM
    Have you asked him about this? You don't have to be confrontational, but you should be able to ask him why he's doing what he's doing.

You could just change the locks, but you're still going to have to talk to him about why.

If he thinks it's his "right" to get his household supplies from you, you need to set him straight and that might mean some not "good terms" for a little while.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2011, 10:34 AM
    Yes, just tell him, perhaps give him a bill for the items missing ? Don't give him a chance to take the items.

**BUT::: How are you sue it is he that is doing it, did you see him ?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by suzanmitchell View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Ya, confront him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 15yr old son lies and steals what can I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end and I don't know what else to do. My son is 15yrs old and I don't trust anything he says or does. Does anyone have any suggestions? What else is there to do? I first Love. He's very active. He's seeing a male Pychologists because he manipulates women. I don't know what do...

Adult son lies and steals from me [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I bought another home and let my 32 yr. old son, his girlfriend, and 3 kids move into our old house. He lived there 2 years and paid only 3 house payments, tore the house up, and left me with a total mess. To top it off he sold a riding lawn mower I had at the house and kept the...

My son steals from us [ 2 Answers ]

My 18 year old son continues to steal from us. When he comes home from school, he snoops through our things, takes any money he can find (believe me there is not alot) and helps himself. We have a coin collection from a passed on family member and we just found items in his room, after going...

My 12 year old son steals at school and home and lies [ 10 Answers ]

My son is a constant liar and now he's become a thief even more so. He steals at school gets caught he steals at home and gets caught he gets punished for his actions but nothing seems to work, he sees a therapist on a weekly basis and that don't seem to work, he's very manipulative and knows how...

My adult son [ 35 Answers ]

My son is 42. I have always had a wonderful relationship with him, About 3 years ago he moved back to my state to start a business. I helped him I even worked for him and put my house up for his business.. He got rich and now he hates me. I never saw it coming. His phone is blocked and he will not...

View more questions Search