Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeanguyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Brown water after shocking my well
    I have the same issue, but it's been about week and a half and the water is still a light brown colour. The water was not this bad in colour before I shocked it.

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 26, 2011, 05:16 PM
    Hey Jeanguy and welcome to The Plumbing Page on AMHD.
    You piggybacked on a 2 year old dead thread so I gave you one of your own. Before you post look up in the upper left hand corner for the date.
    The brown is silt, Give it another week. If you have a storage or galvanized pressure tank you might want to drain and flush them out. Get back to us in a week and let us know how you're doing. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shocking switchplate [ 59 Answers ]

SCENARIO: A guest was leaving after visiting our pool. He claimed to have "gotten a little jolt" from my mudroom lightswitch. The next day I could not replicate the shock on myself... perhaps he was wet (?)... so I perfromed a series of tests with my digital multimeter. I recorded the results...

Brown water after shocking my well [ 7 Answers ]

I had to shock my well because of the "rotten egg" smell and now my water is Brown. How do I fix this?

On A Lighter Topic... Get it? Shocking! [ 19 Answers ]

Ok, I am in a weird mood. Let's lighten this forum up a bit. It is going to be a long winter, except maybe for Stratmando. Does it get chilly down there in Key West? Say, maybe even down to 70? Poor baby. I would send you a sweater, but it was +5 deg here last week. Even though it was 50...

Shocking Washing Machine [ 3 Answers ]

Our washing machine has been giving small shocks while it is in operation. The shocks occur when you make contact with the water in the tub, or with the lid. This only happens when the machine is actually operating. I checked the receptacle that it is plugged into, and it checks out as being...

Shocking and bizarre treatment, [ 5 Answers ]

Lets see how many ideas you all come up with. Keep in mind all the treatments standardly used have unusual answers. Your cat drank a small amount of antifreeze yesterday. What do I do? My golden is 85 pounds an he eats anything, about an hour ago he knocked over over his biscuit jar witch...

View more questions Search