Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fednerbassman95 Posts: 71, Reputation: 9

Sep 26, 2011, 04:57 PM
    Taking a second look at my career path
    I'm a sophomore in high school and have been planning on majoring in chemical engineering after high school. My eventual goal is a Phd in Biochemistry. I hope to eventually do my own research in treating chronic illnesses. Would it make more sense to start with a general biology major and work my way up? If so would I be able to secure a moderate paying job so I can support myself and earn higher degrees at the same time?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 05:08 PM
    I can tell you what worked for me. While earning a teaching degree, I worked with children in as many ways as I could. That definitely helped me in my teaching career. I morphed into library work and dealing heavily with the public. That caused me to pursue a grad degree in counseling psychology which I used in Libraryland as well as in a counseling setting.

So yes, work while you earn your degrees, but do work that is meaningful for those degrees. Not only with you get hands-on experience, but you will be earning money to apply toward tuition and books and housing.

It sounds like you have some challenging but fun years ahead of you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which career path should I take? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently working as a administrative assistant. I have been at my job for almost 4 years and started here when I was about 19. Even though it has been a good job, but there are some things that are screwy and I don't get compensated enough for the work I do, and also there is really no room...

What Career path should I take? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a lot of difficulty deciding what I should do once I am finished my B.A. in Anthropology (it is my major, sociology is my minor). I am in my third year of my undergrad and am 20 years old. I do enjoy the courses I am taking and if I had the money or was paid to go to school I would...

Career Path [ 1 Answers ]

I have one and a half year experience in Siebel Functional Testing plus 6 months internship in Siebel technology(completed a project during internship).Worked on CRM and PRM modules. What type of career prospects I have ?

View more questions Search