Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bam_bam Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 02:25 PM
    I think my mom was abusive to me. Can I do this to her
    Ok here it is. First my mom never hits me. Me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.I'm older I'm 15 he is 13. I got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reimburse her for the damage. My mom freak out on me told me I was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifiers and some pampers and a playpen. People were looking at me. Like she was right. She took away my x box I can't go out on weekends now. On the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a crib and stuff.

Can I turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? Isn't it slander or something saying lies about someone. Saying I need pampers and making me look bad in public.For the record he started it my brother not me. Its not fair she took away my games and I can't go out now.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 02:26 PM
    This does not sound like abuse, at all.What it sounds like is you got embarrassed for being reprimanded and want revenge. Take your grounding and do not act up in public again, simple solution.

Sep 26, 2011, 02:29 PM
    EMO but she told me I needed pampers and stuff... that don't count?
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 02:31 PM
    As embarrassing and hurtful as it is, no it is not abuse. If it was constant, all the time, then it would be verbal abuse, but one instance or when you are acting out, is not abuse
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:37 PM
    I wonder if your mother thinks her children abused her by not only embarrassing her in public but also by making her have to pay for damages.

Sep 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
    Wonder girl what about her saying lies about me. Telling me i need pampers and stuff.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:45 PM
    It appears that you DO need pampers since you acted like a 2 year old in public!

That's not abuse at all, it's called discipline.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:45 PM
    BamBam, what about you doing childish things?

Which came first, your actions or what she said?

Sep 26, 2011, 02:47 PM
    My actions... but wondergirl she stood there in mcdonalds and told us that we both belong back in diapers and she just didn't say it she yelled it.no other mom would ever say that to there kid. Only mine des that
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bam_bam View Post
    MY ACTIONS...BUT WONDERGIRL SHE STOOD THERE IN MCDONALDS AND TOLD US THAT WE BOTH BELONG BACK IN DIAPERS AND SHE JUST DIDNT SAY IT SHE YELLED IT.NO OTHER MOM WOULD EVER SAY THAT TO THERE KID. ONLY MINE DES THAT
    I've heard other mothers saying similar things. Take this as a lesson and act more mature in public if you don't want to be embarrassed. Remember, you embarrassed her first.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:49 PM
    Tell us again -- why did she say those things? What had you done in public?

If you were my child, it would be a long time before I ever took you to McDonald's (or any fast-food restaurant) again.

Sep 26, 2011, 02:50 PM
    WHY couldn't she just call me a jerk but saying I was a baby diapers still was foul on her part.

Sep 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
    Wonder girl she told us we were babies and belong back in pampers and a playpen. I got into a ketchup fight with my bro. she had to pay 45 bucks for this woman's clothes. Is she mad cause she had to pay this girl. Have you ever witnessed other oms saying what she said wondergirl.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
    You were acting like a baby, not a jerk.

I hope you apologized not only to the woman but also to your mother.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 02:56 PM
    $45?? You got away lucky. I even went back to your first post to remind myself how old you are. I was remembering age 8. I was off by a few years.

Sep 26, 2011, 02:57 PM
    I didn't say I'm sorry to my mom what for? She should say she's sorry for me. Do you have any idea what its like when your mom tells you in front of people. That when she goes to wallmart she needs to pick us up some diapers and pacifers? YOU can't IMAGINE THAT WONDER GIRL.

Sep 26, 2011, 02:58 PM
    How was i lucky wonder girl?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 03:00 PM
    You should also have been grounded for three months and have to eat broccoli and cauliflower when the rest of your family gets fast food.

I have no sympathy for you.
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 03:03 PM
    In addition to what WG said, you should also be responsible for paying your mother back the $45

Sep 26, 2011, 03:11 PM
    Wonder girl no sympathy? Do you think my mom was right in telling me those things? She treats me like I was 3 years old now. She's on my case constantly she tells me I can't be trusted to be alone that I need a babysitter. I ask her to let me sign up for drivers ed she said no. she told me that little babies don't drive. I ask her again very nicely. She told me when I'm ready for big boy underwear she will consider it. I don't know what she even means by that big boy underwear. I can't even understand her wondergirl. How am I going to do this now

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom with abusive 18 year old son! [ 11 Answers ]

I am a desperate single disabled mother with a 18 year old son that refuses to move out of my home. He has been very abusive (threats, pushed me, yells, swears- uncontrollably, has temper tantrums (serious), punching holes in walls, blames me for not having his father etc). This is a child that I...

Adult daughter abusive to her Mom and her children don't know what to do [ 6 Answers ]

I seem to have a very difficult situation. To start at the beginning, I was abused by my husband for 13 years I stayed because of the children. 3 to be exact, I thought I was doing the right thing for them. I mean he never hurt them just me, I was wrong. One day I came home from work with the...

Abusive Husband/Father Keeping Baby from Mom [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I separated a few months ago, we agreed that I would have our then 1 1/2 year old baby girl, during the day and he would have her at night. I expected to take her with me that night.He wouldn't let me and as she held on so tight to me, I thought of the only way to get her would be to...

I'm in an abusive relationship with my mom, she hates me as well. [ 16 Answers ]

Im 22 years old. The older I get the more my mom and me have trouble. Here is some info: -she and my dad have a bad relationship, he abuses her, and so does she in her own way. -my mom is sick of my dad and wants to get divorced but always uses my siblings (mostly me) to help her get divorced...

New mom with abusive boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently had a baby boy 4 months ago, and I have never been happier (about that). The father of my son and I moved in together 2 months after I found out I was pregnant(we were going to anyway this just happened sooner). I fell in love with our apartment because it was a safe place for my...

View more questions Search