Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 03:14 PM
    What you are going to do is regain her trust. Start by apologizing to her (and MEAN IT). Next, ask her what you can do around the house or yard as chores that you will do WELL and get done in good time in order to pay back the $45 you owe her.

Should I continue?

***ADDED*** I'll continue. You will come home from school, take a short break for a snack, and then dive into your homework, working on it diligently until you have finished it and, of course, done your best. You will not watch TV or play video games until homework is finished. You will be in bed with lights out by 10:00 p.m.

If you leave the house on the weekends, you will ask your parents for permission to make sure they approve of where you are going and when you will be home again. If they do not approve and forbid you to go, you will accept that calmly and ask them what you can do to help out the household instead.

You will do everything possible to create a happy household and to make your parents smile with joy in having such a wonderful child.
    bam_bam Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 03:31 PM
    OK ill try that... wondergirl you being a parent what is your gut telling you why my mom called me all those baby things like I need pampers and going to wallmart etc
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 03:39 PM
    My gut is telling me she is doing her best to keep you from making bigger mistakes in the future. I won't tell you all of the punishments I gave to my younger son who was picked up by police fifteen minutes past curfew (I was waiting for him to come home). He was taken to the station for a lecture, and I was called and told I had to pay money to bail him out. His punishments included those I mentioned already in my previous post. Oh, and he was 15.

***ADDED*** He finished high school with good grades, was accepted into and graduated from a Midwestern college, and has an excellent job working for the company that supplies french fries to McDonald's whose ketchup you squirted on a woman.
    Lyra123 Posts: 184, Reputation: 42

Sep 26, 2011, 03:50 PM
    I'm sorry but you think this abuse? No, having your dad hold you up by your throat and scream for saying okay without enthusiasm is abuse. Not this. This is a mother embarrassing her child. Yeah it's embarrassing, Yeah it sucks. But you embarrassed her. It is embarrassing to be someplace and have your child misbehave, and especially when your child damages something of someone else.
    EmoPrincess Posts: 1,068, Reputation: 92
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 03:58 PM
    I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. You got in trouble for being bad, it was embarrassing. You deserved it.

Sep 26, 2011, 04:09 PM
    Lyra it was her telling me i needed pampers and i was a 2 year old i thought that was abusive
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 04:11 PM
    How on Earth do you think this is abuse? This is no where near abuse. Whether you think it is or not, it isn't
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bam_bam View Post
    lyra IT WAS HER TELLING ME I NEEDED PAMPERS AND I WAS A 2 YEAR OLD I THOUGHT THAT WAS ABUSIVE
    Please turn your caps off, it represents shouting in the online world.

Telling you that you need pampers and that you are acting like a 2 year old is NOT abusive. Slapping you in the face, punching, etc IS abusive.
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2011, 04:13 PM
    Have to spread the rep, but I agree with J

Sep 26, 2011, 06:43 PM
    My mom called me baby and a brat
    Ok here it is. First my mom never hits me. Me and my bother got into a fight at mcdonalds we threw ketchup on each other.I'm older I'm 15 he is 13. I got some ketchup on some woman clothes and my mom had to reinburst her for the damage. My mom freak out on me told me I was a immature baby and my brother to in front of people in mcdonlads. Leaving mcdonalds she told us that she should get us some pacifers and some pampers and a playpen. People were looking at me. Like she was right. She took away my x box I can't go out on weekends now. On the car ride home she is yelling at us telling us when she goes to wallmart she should buy us a crib and stuff.

Can I turn her into CPS for abuse saying those things to me? Isn't it slander or something saying lies about someone. Saying I need pampers and making me look bad in public.For the record he started it my brother not me. Its not fair she took away my games and I can't go out now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bam_bam View Post
    Isn't it slander or something saying lies about someone.
    They weren't lies. She is your mother and was outraged and mortified by your and your brother's childish behavior. You were an accessory and as guilty as your brother, even if he started it. You didn't have to go along with it, and could have stopped him. Why didn't you?

You would be totally out of line and a laughingstock if you report her to CPS.

Sep 26, 2011, 07:07 PM
    How would they laugh at me when I told tell them MY MOM JUST Didn't CALL ME A BABY BUT TOLD ME I BELONG IN PAMPERS AGAIN look people heard her call me a baby in mcdonalds and tell me that she was going to get me diapers and a crib for what I did. I have witnessess don't you think that would help with social servcies. Its not fair it was only ketchup we threw on people and the people in front of us were old like in 60s they wouldn't even know it was on there clothes if my mom didn't say anything. Its not fair you know. I don't want to sound like a whinny baby . She had to pay 45 bucks for the clothes I ruined but that was her choice. BUT NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT. That's how un cool she is.. IT WAS ONLY MCDONALDS NO PLACE FANCY AND IT WAS KETCHUP. Her telling everyone I'm a baby and belong in pampers and stuff was foul you know and a bunch of lies. No one got hurt it was only ketchup
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 07:17 PM
    CPS would ask you why she said that. You would have to tell the whole story. CPS would tell you that you have no case. In fact, CPS would advise you to pay back the $45 to your mother and apologize to her.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 07:25 PM
    At the very least, you both owe your mother $45 and a long sincere apology.
    At 13 and 15 you should be acting like young gentlemen, not squirting ketchup in a fast food restaurant.
    In order to be treated like a young adult you must show that you can act like one.
    So she embarrassed you, big deal. You can get over that.
    As a parent I think she must have been mortified herself.
    I certainly would have been.
    Money doesn't grow on trees either, parents work hard to provide things for their children, not to have to pay out to total strangers because of silliness.
    Take your punishment and come out on the other side a better person for it.
    ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 07:52 PM
    What I see is a self centered child who did not get enough punishment as a child. Glad it was not my dad, he would have taken us out by the arm dragging us and used his belt on us behind the store.

I may have made you tell everyone in the store you were sorry, I would have for sure made you go work off any and all money I paid off.

I would have taken away your computer usage, you cell phones and any other "thing" you used till you knew you were sorry.

You are not mature and while somewhat silly, yes I feel you were acting like children, throwing food, so bad it got on to another person.

I hope you mom find addition punishment till you figure out you were wrong and know you are sorry.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2011, 08:03 PM
    You're a spoiled brat. Plain and simple. You are acting like a baby.

You both should be paying your mother back for the damages and apologizing. If you do not learn the lesson now, maybe your mother should send you to boot camp. Then you will learn some respect.

Where are the diapers? Where is the baby bottle? Thinking others are right, not enough discipline growing up. Way too easy on you now she needs to toughen you guys up in order to grow up into decent human beings.

Joe
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Sep 27, 2011, 04:10 AM
    how would they laugh at me
    Trust me they would laugh.
    The people in front of us were old like in 60s they wouldn't even know it was on there clothes if my mom didn't say anything.
    Why does their age matter? In my eyes it even makes it worse that you show this type of disrespect for those much older.
    But that was her choice
    Not her choice, her duty as a parent to take responsility for your actionsBUT NO OTHER MOM WOULD TELL ME THAT I SHOULD BE IN DIAPERS AND NEED A BOTTLE ONLY MINE DOES THAT.
    Not true, My mom would have told me this, plus there would have been physical action taken (yes, a well placed paddle to my backside) Then she would have sold my Xbox to the highest bidder for reimbursement, not merely taken it away.
    Where there are actions, there are consequenses.
    It was only ketchup
    Quick story,
    Years ago I worked in a supermarket, two young people about your age started throwing grapes at one another. Mother stopped them and had them start picking up the grapes. Another store employee went out also to pick up grapes.
    Before they could finish an elderly woman came down an isle near the produce section and slipped on a grape causing her to fall and hit her head on the floor.
    Is the arquement "it was only a grape"?
    Certainly not, it is simply that due to someone else's immaturity, childishness and complete lack of respect for those around them that an elderly shopper suffered injury.
    Now, is that fair?
    You need to grow up a little and think about your actions, not act so childish and spontaneousley.
    Your actions carry reaction not only for you, but for those around you.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2011, 09:57 AM
    This is a joke. It has to be. I refuse to believe that humanity is circling the drain this fast.
    Thai2011 Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Oct 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
    Bam_Bam:

Stop your whinning. You were wrong, take your punishment and be quiet. If it were me, I probably would have did a little physical punishment at McDonalds. How would you have felt if the lady who's clothing you guys messed up call the police and said she was assulted by two young men. Would it have been fair for her to have you arrested for what you did? You should be apologizing to your mother and try to pay her back for the money she had to pay for your actions.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 12, 2011, 10:26 PM
    If you want to act like small children in public don't be surprised when she TREATS you like small children in public.

And I'm sorry to say, many may not agree. But in my opinion, it may have been beneficial if your mother HAD brought her hand to you when you were younger.

You sound like a very immature young child who needs to accept that you acted the fool in public and your mother was unhappy with it.

And yes my dear, other moms say things like this. I just told my daughter this morning that if she wanted to throw her food across the table like a baby I would be happy to feed her baby food again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom with abusive 18 year old son! [ 11 Answers ]

I am a desperate single disabled mother with a 18 year old son that refuses to move out of my home. He has been very abusive (threats, pushed me, yells, swears- uncontrollably, has temper tantrums (serious), punching holes in walls, blames me for not having his father etc). This is a child that I...

Adult daughter abusive to her Mom and her children don't know what to do [ 6 Answers ]

I seem to have a very difficult situation. To start at the beginning, I was abused by my husband for 13 years I stayed because of the children. 3 to be exact, I thought I was doing the right thing for them. I mean he never hurt them just me, I was wrong. One day I came home from work with the...

Abusive Husband/Father Keeping Baby from Mom [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I separated a few months ago, we agreed that I would have our then 1 1/2 year old baby girl, during the day and he would have her at night. I expected to take her with me that night.He wouldn't let me and as she held on so tight to me, I thought of the only way to get her would be to...

I'm in an abusive relationship with my mom, she hates me as well. [ 16 Answers ]

Im 22 years old. The older I get the more my mom and me have trouble. Here is some info: -she and my dad have a bad relationship, he abuses her, and so does she in her own way. -my mom is sick of my dad and wants to get divorced but always uses my siblings (mostly me) to help her get divorced...

New mom with abusive boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently had a baby boy 4 months ago, and I have never been happier (about that). The father of my son and I moved in together 2 months after I found out I was pregnant(we were going to anyway this just happened sooner). I fell in love with our apartment because it was a safe place for my...

View more questions Search