Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tararie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 09:59 AM
    Strep Throat
    I started Amoxicillan last Wednesday for strep throat. I forgot to take it for 2 days and my throat is starting to hurt again. Am I contagious again?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2011, 10:01 AM
    How long was your prescribed dose for? How many days?
    Did you continue on your dose after it has been forgotten?
    You should be reassessed any how.

Any other symptoms?
    tararie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 10:04 AM
    I was prescribed 2 pills twice daily for 10 days. I just started my dose this morning. My body aches and I am fatigued but it could potentially be lack of sleep. My doctor's office phone nurse line was unable to tell me if I could be contagious. I refuse to leave work sick unless I know for sure that I am contagious.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2011, 10:11 AM
    If Strep throat is not treated properly it can cause series health effects. That is why it is so important to take the treatment the full time your on it. The recommendation is that you stay home for two days after treatment is started. As far as still being contagious, it is quite possible but no one can tell for sure. You still need to be reassessed by your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strep throat after tonsillectomy? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, Is it likely or possible for a person/child to get strep throat again after having a tonsillectomy? I thought "strep throat" was the same thing as "tonsillitis".. . no more tonsils, no more strep throat..?

I have strep throat. [ 3 Answers ]

I think I have it. I don't know

What is strep throat? [ 3 Answers ]

What is strep throat? I live in Uk and have never heard this term used before. I have been unwell for nearly two weeks, sore tonsils, back of tongue sore and coughing up yucky green stuff. Does anyone have any ideas. Going back to the Doctor in 2 days.

Strep throat [ 2 Answers ]

So my sister thinks she has strep throat... shes 26... she says its hard to swallow.. she feels like her her throat is smaller than usual.. she says it takes her time to actually swallow... she feels like she constantly has to clear her throat.. when she coughs its like a dry cough... her head...

View more questions Search