Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fordman71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 07:04 AM
    How does the statue of limitation laws for back child support work for me in Ohio.
    My ex husband lives in Kentucky and is paying back child support to me, which I live in Ohio. I was wondering what happens to my back rearage after the 15yr. Limitations take affect in Kentucky. But in Ohio there is no statued of limitations. So my question is will I continue receiving back child support or will it stop. And how does it work between the two states.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 07:18 AM
    Is the support order from the Ohio court or the Kentucky court?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 26, 2011, 08:57 AM
    The law of the state where the court order is issued should be the one. Have you looked at trying to get a lien on property ?

But also realisticly, if he has not paid this in 15 years, is there really any hope or plan for it to ever be paid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If your child was adopted out do I still owe child support in Ohio? [ 2 Answers ]

After the child is adopted out do u continue to pay child support? Beside th arrears?

Child Abuse and Statue of Limitation in Michigan [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitation for child molestation in Michigan?

What is the statue of limitation to turn in a child molester? [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 sons were molested by their Uncle when they were young. My one son filed a police report in San Jose ,Ca around 1980. Nothing ever became of it, because their Uncle lived in PA. I know now, he molested others family members as well. Their Father passed away in Feb this year, his Sister...

View more questions Search