Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbcooper112471 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Which linux is newest for server use?
    Which version of linux is the newest and is usually used for a server?
    Which version is best used as xp and vistas equal?
    Is there a website that I can still go to to downoad these free?
    What book would be the best for learning these operating systems(linux)?

Thank you!
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Feb 4, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbcooper112471
    Which version of linux is the newest and is usually used for a server?
    That depends on the distribution of Linux you choose. There are many different distributions each with its own latest release. Some of the distributions of Linux (e.g. RedHat) have different versions depending on whether you want a workstation or a server. Other distributions have one version that can be used on a server or a workstation which is chosen at the time of installation.

Which version is best used as xp and vistas equal?
    I'm not sure I follow your question but maybe if you take a look here Linux Online - Distributions and FTP Sites you might find your answer.

Is there a website that I can still go to to downoad these free?
    Yes. The above link is one of many sites that point at various distributions.

What book would be the best for learning these operating systems(linux)?
    The same site above has some suggestions for books.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Music from newest Fidelity "Freedom Fund" Commercial? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, can you tell me what group recorded the background music in the newest Fidelity "Freedom Fund" Commercial? It sounds a little like it would have been played in a "Strip Club" in the 70's... "Thanks"!

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

Linux. 2003 Server & XP [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys/gals. I have a question the issue I'm having is this. I want to have 3 OS's on 2 hard drives I currently have: XP Pro on my 80Gig - Master 2K3 Server & Linux on my 40Gig - Slave I want to know how I can setup a boot system that will let me chose which OS I desire, I have tried to...

Getting linux [ 1 Answers ]

Hi It's me again. First of all let me thank all the experts that have helped me with my problems. "THANK YOU GUYS" I ran all different sorts of scans on the computer and now it's running faster because all the rubbish files are deleted and the spy sweeper has killed all the spies. One of the...

View more questions Search