Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    quetzal15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2011, 03:30 AM
    Boyfriend lied about a text from another woman, what now?
    Is there any good reason why my boyfriend would lie to me about a text message from someone else? I saw the text come in on his phone from another female whom I've never heard him discuss, but when he checked the text later he told me that it was from his parents. I can't think of a good reason for this, but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, which is why I haven't talked to him yet. He's lived in a lot of different places and has lots of friends so it isn't unusual for him to have friends pop up whom I've never met or heard about. Also, I don't think he would leave his phone sitting next to me for several hours while he was working upstairs if he had anything to hide. But, he is hiding something because he did lie to me about who contacted him. Of course, I facebook-stalked her after he lied to me and she is married with two kids and lives in another state. I can't figure out why he would lie, though, and I am really not looking forward to confronting him ("by the way, I saw your phone yesterday and know it was some other woman texting you and not your mom"), which is why I am asking this here. Any advice?

I should also add that he is a really great guy and I am rather surprised by all of this. He doesn't seem to be the dishonest type. I also wonder if our relationship is doomed anyway because I don't feel comfortable being able to approach him about this or if this would be a bad conversation in even the best of relationships.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Sep 26, 2011, 03:45 AM
    You are in the middle of two possible things that you could do. 1. If you trust him that he has some reasons which made him lie to you, and probably, a reason which could not be told to you. (Usually, some men hide things that are from the past, because there are chances that it might create problems in the current relation. Nothing more than that) So, keep the faith, and brush the doubt aside
    2. If you still have doubts, you need to talk to him, without making any more analysis and guesses.
    Either 1 or 2. Do not stand in between for a long time.
    jt1250champion Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 30, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Well I think the best way is just to casually mention it to see what his reactions is.

Leaving his phone by you for hours make it seem like it isint anything but he could have just done that to throw you off and decided what time to contact her?

Maybe you can check his phone and see what it is

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lied to boyfriend [ 12 Answers ]

In April 2011, I lied to my boyfriend of almost a year. I am ashamed to have even lied to him. I still think about it and it's getting worse, I feel ill. I want to throw up almost everyday because, what I did is wrong, and I know it. He is the sweetest guy ever! I love him very much and I don't...

My boyfriend lied about her... help? [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend Dean for 10 months now, he's 27, I'm 21. The first month we were dating he wanted to go on a road trip with a girl, Toni, and for me to come along too. But 4 weeks prior he had already been somewhere with her. I told him to just take me since he went with her before...

My boyfriend lied to me for months and I lied to him once just recently, what do I do [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I started dating June 4th 2010 & He cheated on me in September and I didn't know until November when he had cheated on me again and I found out that one in a bad way.. He didn't tell me the truth about how he cheated or anything... I broke up with him when I found out (The day...

I lied To My boyfriend abnout my age,after he knew I lied to him about something else [ 11 Answers ]

Hey,Okay I met my Boyfriend on a chat zone we met on a date and I fell in love with him,and now I think I love him,But my conscious is bothering me.I told him I was 17 and Im actually 16,He just turned 20,2 weeks ago and now he thinks Im 17,and I want to come clean.I lied to him before and I told...

My boyfriend lied [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend lied to me and I broke up with him what should I do? Should I go back out with him or what just help me

View more questions Search