Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asedp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2004, 11:30 AM
    Hamton Bay Fan - Windward II
    I have six of the above fans and the lights ontwo fans have stopped working. The fans are approximately 2 yeas old.

I have tried new light bulbs wit no affect.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to try next?

Thanks in advance,
    Ed
    Taimoon Stewart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2005, 06:57 AM
    Remote frequency
    I have two new Windward 11 fans, close enough to each other that the same remote turns them both on. I can only assume that the frequency is the same in both remotes and fans. How can I change one so that the fans can operate independently of each other?

TS
    Danielle29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2005, 05:49 PM
    If you look at your remotes... where the battery cover comes off, just above where the batteries set there is a tiny panel with the numbers 1 2 3 4, you have to change the sequence of those in both remotes and fans to be different, then they work fine... (I'm not sure where it is on the fan though... in between where the light kit snaps on and where the blades run, I think) Hope this helps :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hamton Bay Fan - Noisy [ 2 Answers ]

The remote control works fine. My problem is a pulsing noise which is loud on high speed and less on each of the other speeds. The blades remain constant on which ever speed that is chosen. I'm looking to find the cause of the pulsing noise. Is it the receiving unit for the remote? Thanks

Hampton Bay Fan, Windward II [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use 2 remotes for 1 fan? Thanks Kevin

Haunted Hamton Ceiling Fan! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! Yesterday our Hampton Bay Windward III ceiling fan decided to start coming on by itself! Anyone know why? Or how to fix it? Thanks!

Windward III ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a Windward III. My house has a highly sloped ceiling. The canopy that comes with the fan would not work because it was for a normal flat ceiling. I went back to Home Depot and purchased the 2 canopies that they carry for sloped ceilings. Neither were large enough to contain...

Hampton Windward II Light Change [ 2 Answers ]

We recently purchased a home which has a Windward II w/remote installed in a study. The light needs replacing, but I (and numerous other handymen) have been unable to unscrew the globe to get to change the bulb. Has anyone else had any similar problem and, if so, your advice will be greatly...

View more questions Search