Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    april_wessels Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2011, 11:37 PM
    My husband can't get over the fact I had cheated!
    Ok I want to know what I should do? I am 30 years old, and I been married for 10 years and I did cheat on my husband, and he does know about it, but he had also cheated on me in are past, and I forgave him but he can't seem to look past that I cheated on him and it only seems to get worse I don't know what I should do because I do love him and we have 6 kids together and but he has no more trust for me and he accuses me constantly even of girls he does and I don't do anything to have him keep acusing me anymore, I had changed my number and I let him check my phone all the time I been trying to prove to him that I am not doing anything I just don't know what to do anymore how to prove to him that I was wrong for cheating and it won't happen again but he has no trust for me anymore, I mean I got over him cheating and I trust him can you please tell me what you think I should do? Thank you
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 24, 2011, 11:51 PM
    He may have the notion (as some men do) that he cheated just for sex whereas you cheated for love.
    Try telling him that you never got over him cheating on you and it just felt better to see what it felt like, and it was more for evening the score than the sex.
    If he can't understand any of the concept that he cheated and cheated first and he has no right to be upset, then get counseling together.
    30 is young. 10 years of marriage is long. You are both at a crossroads of youth and yet an entrenched relationship. You need to get away for a 4 day weekend with some girlfriends while he watches the kids, and then he needs to do the same. A little absence to make the heart grow fonder. But overall, you are going to have to work on your mutual respect and communication. Counseling teaches communication, if you can't do it yourselves.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2011, 04:06 AM
    He has to want to make this work, and while you may believe you have gotten over it, a person will be surprised at how hidden feelings can effect a relationship.

I will agree that perhaps some time away will help, but it may be that professional counseling, to learn to see, care for and properly communicate feelings would be a big help
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2011, 09:00 AM
    You both as a couple have broken the trust in your marriage. Just because you were able to forgive, he hasn't reached that point and may never. Its always easier to judge other and condem them then to look inside ourselves and see our own bad behavior. Your husband maybe one of those people.

Bottom line is what have your BOTH done to correct the unhappiness that caused both of you to break your vows to each other? Just saying you have but it behind doesn't tell us what you have done to build your marriage to were neither one of you are looking outside to fulfill what your partner doesn't.

Its time to learn to be each others best friends. Its never too late to get some help rathe it be professional or through your church. Take Care
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2011, 02:55 PM
    You give him time because you can forgive easier than he can. So what? Did you forgive him before, or AFTER you cheated?
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 25, 2011, 11:22 PM
    You have six children together, and you've only been married 10 years?

Was there a point during the past 10 years where you were pregnant and he was not cheating? Were there several women, one woman? Does he have children with other women as well?

When did you have time to cheat between being pregnant and raising all those kids, and do you know why you cheated?

How is your rocky relationship affecting your children. Is the oldest only 10 years old, or did you have children with him prior to marrying him at age 20.

I don't know how you can not afford to seek some serious counselling. If the two of you cannot learn to communicate and solve problems of trust and infidelity, how can you both be on the same page to raise six children together.

Cheating once or cheating 50 times doesn't matter. One episode cracks the foundation of any marriage, and it will not get fixed without a lot of hard, serious work.

I know it must be difficult to find the time to seek help and attend counselling sessions. With six children you must both be working two full time jobs to support them. But that aside, you owe it to the health of your marriage, and family, and yourself, to work through your marital problems of cheating, and if possible, get the marriage back on track.
    AJ_Hunsucker Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2011, 07:27 AM
    Well this is why I am against these early age marriages. These marriages make people bound in a very early age. Men always take more time to get mature. The are more mature after their have crossed their 30s. The best way for both of you is to leave some time alone. Just leave children to him and visit some place where he is confident you can't cheat him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband cheated on me and I don't know where to go from here [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have been married for four years this August. We have a 4 month old baby boy together that we love very much. When I was pregnant 7 months pregnant my husband stated seeing this women and they hung out and met up at places together and made out in public. Well they end up having sex one night...

Husband Thinks I Cheated But I Didn't [ 36 Answers ]

Please help. I don't know what to do anymore. My husband read a few texts on my phone yesterday from a former co-worker, that, I admit has been a little too friendly... actually way too friendly up to the point where he has been courting me even though I am married. He started as a friend at work...

My husband cheated [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my husband had dated for 2 1/2 years starting in 2007 I moved to England to be with him in June 2009 and I knew when I got here something was wrong.He had been messing with a girl off and on but always told me he wasn't and in January 2010 he told me some of the truth because he said he had...

Husband cheated [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for a year and a half. We dated for about 4 years then got married. Recently he confessed to me that he cheated for a year in the beginning of the relationship.he is in constant contact with that same person. He calls her sometimes. He signs in online to chat with...

Husband cheated [ 8 Answers ]

Husband cheated on me almost 3mths ago and just now telling me cause of the fact the woman he cheated with is pregnant and claims it could be his I don't know how to deal with this or know if he would cheat again? Help me I guess I need to add some more things to this story My husband and I...

View more questions Search