Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EddyGirl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2011, 09:32 PM
    Rules of having a 'break' in a relationship?
    Fairly self explanatory... I mean are there assumed rules? Or do you work that out between the two of you. Just wondering
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2011, 11:06 PM
    In a break, there are no set rules. So for there to be quite clear on what will happen. The rules should be worked out between the two of you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2011, 04:27 AM
    In general, except for a few days to clear your head, a break is a break, you stop contact, don't check up on them on Facebook, you don't text, you don't email, you have a break.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 25, 2011, 09:28 AM
    The rules are whatever two people can agree upon.

Talaniman Rule - When they ask for a break, give it to them, and disappear from their life, and do your own thing.

Talaniman Rule - When you need a break, make it a clean one, and leave them alone to get over the shock, and heal.

That's how I see it. Otherwise if willing you talk it over, define the terms, or work together through honest communications to resolve your issues together, or be apart if you cannot.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Sep 25, 2011, 09:46 AM
    I agree with above---Once you break up then you BOTH free to make your own choices without a thought of the other!! If you are having problems then I would suggest that you sit down and talk about ways of fixing those problems together. If you cannot even talk about your problems then its time to move on anyway.

Take Care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I break the NC rules under these circumstances... [ 13 Answers ]

Its interesting to be back on this forum once again for relationship issues in my life, lol, but at the same time it shows how great this forum has been to me , the proof being that I have chosen to come back :) SO.. new story... I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years just last month (36 days...

Fighting urges to break NC rules [ 113 Answers ]

Comments to the thread: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relationships/fighting-urges-break-nc-rules-510425.html Yeah man I'm with you. I'm fighting so hard to not contact her. I know it would prob only get me hurt. But it's so very hard. So hard to not reach out for someone you cared and spent...

What to do with child who want to break the rules and do the contrary [ 2 Answers ]

What to do with child who want to break the rules and do the contrary

Relationship Rules To Remember [ 10 Answers ]

If someone wants you If he/she wants you nothing can't keep them away If they don't want you nothing can make them stay The volume on your intuition is turned up don't ignore it Don't make justification for their improper behavior If they mistreated you why are you moping around as if...

View more questions Search