Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kljland Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2011, 12:01 PM
    Making a security dvr wireless to my router
    I am trying to make my DVR wireless to connect to my router any suggestions?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2011, 01:59 PM
    What kind of DVR is it? Is it a Tivo? If so, you should be able to do that fairly easily with a wireless adapter from Tivo and using the network settings on the TV itself (or some of the adapters require connecting to a computer for setup).

We need to also know a little about your wireless such as what type of encryption is used and what make and model your router is will help greatly too.
    kljland Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2011, 02:13 PM
    It is a Lorex DVR and I am using a Linksys router model wrt120n with WEP security

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

Security for wireless router [ 3 Answers ]

I am a novice with computers. I am getting a router because I am getting a new computer and keeping the old. Someone said I would need special security for the wireless router. What do I need to be safe?

Wireless Router Security [ 7 Answers ]

I have an unprotected dlink wireless router. Is there an easy way to set up a password that would block access by my neighbors?

View more questions Search